• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESA rumors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
there are no plans for 737 at mesa. also the 700/900 crj delivery is commencing im may 2002 with the first 700. 900s in 2003

What's the deal between Mesa and the Union on the 700/900? Does the company want different pay rates so the Union wants separate standing bids? Are the bigger birds similar enough to the CRJ200 so a pilot can fly all three? I'm guessing the company will pay 700 rates for both planes but not what the 900 should pay. I bet JO is blaming the Union for keeping them off the property until pay is negotiated. Remember to stand firm until you get what you deserve like United with its 747-400s and Delta with its' 777s!

Rudedog
ex-Mesa
ex-Greener Pastures

P.S. Would I be a total loser if I jumped back on the Mesa forum for old time's sake? Since I'm furloughed, I've got a lot of time on my hands and kinda miss the ol' back-and-forth with JO and the Gang.

How many types

How many types of airplanes does Mesa oporate now? It seems like the way to make money and cut costs is to run as few different types as possible. If they had 737's and added 700/900's how many would that make?

737 rumor

Mesa will not buy 737's, they can barely find
the money to buy RJs.
However, there has been a rumor going around that
Johnnie O wants to buy a major stake in America West.
Their stock price is so low it would not be hard to do.

rudedog: get back into the mesa airlines yahoo forum. welcome there. JO wants same pasy for all three CRJ, USAirways scope limits RJs to 68 seats or less, so JO wants to put the 700/900 on a separate NONUNION certificate to satisfy that. Of course that would make all the mesa pilot group unable to bid them.

Great...a non union company to operate CRJ700/900s and possibably 737s. What will they pay? $19/hr for FOs and $37/hr for CA? I hope this is not true. Getting rid of any union in exchange for bigger a/c is a very bad thing. :confused:

jetdriven,

What about flying the 700/900 for America West? Or would this "new" airline codeshare for both HP and U? What kind of pay is the company offering? Is it closer to the 200 or what the 900 should pay? They could always take 2 seats out of the 700 for USAirways, couldn't they?

Rudedog

P.S. Thanks for the invitation to come back!

rudedog:
the 700-900 plan is for AWA. but the problem is that AWA wants the crews to be able to cross-bid the -200 also. problem is the -200 are on the mesa certificate and USAirways the main codeshare scope limits aircraft with more than 68 seats. so JO wants to put the 700-900s on a new certificate, Freedom Air.
with the 68 seat thing the scope language is aircraft originally certified with more than 68 seats, -700 configured at MESA with 68, two taken out. So the -700 wont fly. Meeting on Jan 3 between johnny O and Wolf @ USAirways to relax the scope language, but the MEC at USAirways wants a BACKFLOW agreement with MESA, which I think is terrible. Look at CoEx and Eagle? looks like a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** sandwich at this point!
Also MESA owns CCAir, flys DHC-8-100s, MESA proper has CRJ-200 and EMB 145, orders in for -700 and -900 CRJ, also, my division Air Midwest runs about 45 Be1900Ds. AMW and MESA share seniority list, CC does not. New petition for single group status for MESA, CC, and AMW. lot of **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** going on about that too. I am furloughed after upgrading in 3 months, so I have plenty of time to hit the yahoo board and surf the net. REPEAT, no plans to get 737s in the near or distant future. wild rumor. blue skies!

jetdriven,

Thanks for the info. Mesa is starting to sound more like a major everyday, both the good and the bad. Sorry about the furlough, I know how you feel, albeit on a different level. It's too bad the merry-go-round had to come to such a screeching halt for everyone. I didn't think I needed to build any more character, but I guess I was wrong. Furloughs being just part of the business doesn't make it feel any better either. But I'm looking on the bright side, at least we got Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years off!

Rudedog

Latest resources

Back