• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Pro Stan's Video...Hilarious

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I like the "living in a van down by the river" comment. There are choices in life. If you choose the 4 letter word, Mesa.......happy camping. Hope the fish are biting. Pathetic......

Nice that you understand how it should be. However, we must also deal with reality.. this is how it is!

This so-called "Profession" for pilots has turned to this? Sarcasm and a video on how you should act as a professional?

Yes, it is a thin line for Pro Standards to counsel pilots on professionalism. Humor is way to ensure that the PSC isn't being self righteous... Or holier than thou....

Let's see, when I'm fatigued because I just flew 6 legs on a 15 hour day down to mins, I need to be told by my MEC that I still need to act like a professional at the counter in front of the flying public?

Yes. Pilots are people and they often allow themselves to become reactionary to their environment. If people don't define themselves then they are open to be defined by external forces such as weather, environment, pay, work conditions, public perception, etc...

When one defines thier code on thier own instead of thier status such as job title, etc... they don't get piised off when they are fatigued, jumpseat denied etc... You know this as indicated by your comments below...

You need to make a video of this? What to wear and how to carry yourself in the terminal? Sounds like a lack af adequate parental guidance growing up to me.

But yet, it is the reality we live in.... we can deal with it or deny it, but it will still be there...

Making a point to management with this sarcastic video? Try organizing and all walking off the job one day to make a statement about the working conditions or pay. How about living your life with a set of values that you will not relinquish at all costs?

A little easier said than done... but your last sentence is way ahead of all that I said above... nice work....

This is America folks.......The Land of Opportunity. Take advantage of it.

yes!

Here's a serious thought.

Why doesn't ALPA (or any other union) become a little more proactive in the hiring process? That way they can weed out some of the frost-tipped spikey haired, unprofessional little punks before they get in and infect the rest of the herd.

Weed out the back-pack kids first, then you don't have to make a video telling them to stop it.

For many of the Mesa dinks, following this video means a complete lifestyle and attitude change. 180 degrees in the other direction.

Just look at the nit-wit sitting on the couch in their crewroom. His appearance may be a little done up for the video, but just listen to him talk. That is not an act! That is MESA.

It has been said a million times and will be said a million more....

Air Line Pilots Do Not Run Airlines!!

Last edited:
Mesa Still Sucks

I also talked to the LGA CA and told him what was going on, and he said he wasn't weight limited at all, and got me on his flight to LGA. Since the HPN CA gave me his cell # I called and thanked him, and said I was getting on another flight.

CRJ_Driver, you are a Dick!

Get over your 2000 hr FO self.

Of course the Mesa captain wouldn't know if his flight was weight limited or not . . . just kick the tires and light the fires right??!!

Of course the Mesa captain wouldn't know if his flight was weight limited or not . . . just kick the tires and light the fires right??!!

whats after mesa capts Comair capts dont care about corrct runways for takeoff.... WTF are you talking about CRJ_Driver?? Shut your mouth before someone shuts it for you!

I don't know if this has already been said as I didn't read the entire thread, but my favorite quote in the video was:

"Whether you have been a pilot at Mesa for 15 minutes or 15 years, you have probably found yourself in an uncomfortable situation..."

An uncomfortable situation in 15 minutes? Wow.

More company Kool Aid.........

I thought it was very well done and the message was delivered very well.

If you don't understand the message or the context it was given in then... Oh well. Just what has the Pro-Standards committee done at ASA, Alleg/Pied, Comair, TSA, PSA, or any other ALPA carriers? Nothing? Well from the unprofessional posts from a few on this board maybe they should. Mesa is just ahead of the norm on this one. It is a shame that all of the problems that some ( and I only mean some ) people on this board have are all the result of MESA. Your low pay, your lousy work rules, your acrimonious disposition, your wife sleeping with the neighbor, your 14 year old daughter being pregnant etc, etc, are all Mesa's fault. Didn't your MEC's negotiate your contracts, and didn't you ratify them? Did someone have a gun to your head? Some folks on this board love to tell Mesa pilots and others to quit their jobs for the good of the industry. Why haven't you quit yours if things are so unacceptable to you.

a friendly message
you don't even know me.....I work at Mesa......and you hate me. please tell this to me when asking for the jumpseat ok? what great company do you work for? also, let me know when we can have lunch and talk. thanks again and be safe.

Check out this PM I received from the gentleman above (whom I'll keep nameless). Too funny. The MAG video was made for this guy!

It almost sounded like they were condoning the company practices

Last edited:
It almsot sounded like they were condoning the company practices

Having experienced mesa, I did feel that the tone of the video was too supportive of some of mesa's questionable practices. The MEC should be fighting to get that crap changed, not telling MAG pilots that it's a "fact of life". I would have been PO'ed if my dues had been spent to send that message.

Latest resources

Back