Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

U-I pilot

Relaxation....
I always wanted to start a really long thread on here...think this will do it.
(be sure to let it get into the scenarios....first 5 minutes before turning it off)

http://mmslb.eonstreams.com/alpa/mag/MAG_Saving_Pilot_Ryan_high.wmv

My favorite highlights:
While we understand that some trips require you to sleep on the aircraft, and your uniform may get a little wrinkled, do your best to stay neat. Perhaps try to change into a T-shirt before "camping out" on the plane.
????????? :confused::confused::eek:
OMG this gets better and better:

*RING RING* (at 4:30am)
Hello?
-Is this Captain Ryan?
Yes, this is Captain Ryan. who is this and how may i help you today?
-This is crew tracking notifying you of a change in your schedule today.
Golly gee, change to my schedule, Happy Day!
-Im junior assigning you.

Last edited:
Miss the wife's chemo therapy appointment? Great!

Ignore chemo theray sessions... once your wife dies, you'll have even MORE free time to fly for Mesa.

If your wife has cancer, and is getting chemo therapy, and you need to take her to the hospital, then DO IT ! NOTHING else is more important !!!

They want to junior assign you? Sorry, it turns out you must have eaten something bad and now have a runny stomach... calling in sick. Or call in fatigued. Do something.

What's wrong with that dude's lips?

Once he started talking I shut him off.

Seriously, what's wrong with the MAG MEC's lips?

Pachofksy (sic) in the video

Hmm, there was another Patch at MPD...related? Also had the blond spikey hair (tm)

"I want to work one of my eight days off..."

Geeezus.....LMAO...nothing ever changes at the efffing place. Try paying your crews a little more and maybe they won't have to wear a dirty shirt from off of the crashpad floor...

Last edited:
And here's another professional tip:

Chemotherapy jokes aren't funny OR professional. My wife puts people on study for cancer treatments, so pardon the sore spot. A better one could have been:

They're inducing labor on my wife today. I was told I could be there for the birth OR the conception, but not both, and I chose the birth.

(That's an old AWACS joke due to the high ops tempo we had.)

Can someone check the bylaws and determine whether or not Mesa can be kicked out of ALPA by a majority vote of all other ALPA carriers? Thanks.

Chemotherapy jokes aren't funny OR professional. My wife puts people on study for cancer treatments, so pardon the sore spot. A better one could have been:

They're inducing labor on my wife today. I was told I could be there for the birth OR the conception, but not both, and I chose the birth.

(That's an old AWACS joke due to the high ops tempo we had.)

You guys are true idiots. The Mesa MEC was trying to make a couple points to the pilots while having a little fun (most of it aimed at the company). Read between the lines folks.

That said I thought the skit involving the guy and Chemo was a little much. Again, it was aimed at what our stupid Mgmt would expect of the pilots. Not what the union feels it right. -Bean

Again, it was aimed at what our stupid Mgmt would expect of the pilots. Not what the union feels it right. -Bean

Then why would Mesa ALPA bother producing a video, spending their time, resources, and your dues to communicate the company's desires? Who is your MEC working for anyway?

Latest resources

Back