MESA Pilots, what the HELL!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

C-DALE DRVR

Can someone from Mesa please explain to me why you guys folded and accepted that POS contract. Why why why, have you no respect, don't you place a value on the services you provide. I just want to say thanks. Not only did you screw your own pilot group, we now have management licking there chops at that POS and telling us they must stay competitive. Thanks a lot. I hope ALPA national takes that contract and shoves it up your ARSES.

Thanks

take a pill

I think it has something to do with staying employed, getting rid of freedom, allowing the company to grow. I don't know any of the details, but it sounds like some of the contract sucks. I won't blame or judge mesa pilots, if they accept the contract and Mr. Woerth seals the deal then so be it. When i hear everyone calling the mesa pilots sellouts it angers me. One word I haven't heard in this discussion is economy. In my opinion, this contract is a good representation of our economy. I don't think that Mesa pilots could have even come close to getting a Comair or Whiskey contract in this economy. I guess what I'm trying to say is layoff, be happy that your fellow union brothers get to keep their jobs and have a little stability in their lives. Good luck Mesa.

supsup

Ah yes, Freedom Airlines. That card has been played before by managements of many airlines.

Introduce an objectionable new element to the airline pilots' job, and then take concessions in order to bargain it away. The bad thing is, it usually works.

I have yet to hear any news about the MESA TA. Keep in mind though, the current state of our industry, the causes of which I need not mention again. This is not the best time to bargain for a new contract (unless you're managment SCUM). Now is the time we really need each others support. I know that a good contract at MESA, means A good contract at ASA, or CO-EX, or whoever gets there first. We are all hoping to better the industry, but I'm afraid these MESA guy's had the deck stacked against them from the start. I also hear that the CO-EX people are starting to feel some pressure. Not long ago I was walking the picket line and wondering if I would have to start all over again. Today starting over wouldn't even be an option. WE need to do whatever it takes to support our fellow pilots, all of them!

You don't see the pilots at Mesaba who have been in mediation for 9 months now or so bending over and letting management screw them like the Mesa guys just keep doing. You guys must like it. Mesaba is in the same timeframe for negotiating yet there remains one big difference in the two. They recognize all the sacrifices that each regional before them made and realize that they absolutely can't drop the ball or we all lose! 95% of the pilots there would rather see the doors closed than to settle for managements bullsh**t scare tactics. You guys need to wake up and take a good look around you cause you're gonna be there for a long **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** time. Do you fly for the fun of it or are you real professionals?

Sheesh , Give the guys a break. Remember , growth is always good :). Also MESA seems like a good company to me. So i hope thye get the contract. I dunno why you regional guys get so jumpy on a small deal like this. Take
Care
Captain Landry

Re: take a pill

supsup said:
I don't know any of the details, but it sounds like some of the contract sucks.

You are right, you obviously don't know the details, and you are CLUELESS

I won't blame or judge mesa pilots, if they accept the contract and Mr. Woerth seals the deal then so be it.

[/B][/QUOTE] The MESA Pilots sold out and voted on it, THERE IS NO ONE ELSE TO BLAME.

When i hear everyone calling the mesa pilots sellouts it angers me.

THEY ARE SELLOUTS. PERIOD.

I don't think that Mesa pilots could have even come close to getting a Comair or Whiskey contract in this economy.

Maybe, maybe not, but they could have done much better than this POS

They are singlehandedly lowering the bar for all of us.

Last edited:
Give them a chance to vote

Please before you guys put these guys one level above SCAB's let them vote on the TA. I have talked with a few MESA pilots and they are not wimps or idiots.

When you give them a ride or ride with them in the van talk to them about the TA and how you feel about what you know about it.

Hummm... I had been given what I thought was good info that they had already voted on it. If they have not, I hereby place my former post back on the shelf, and will pull it out again if they do vote yes on it. If they vote No, I will humbly retract my post.

Latest resources

Back