Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa out at Steamboat/Yampa Valley (HDN)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, I thought about what I wrote. From everything that I read on this board Mesa is hell on earth. With crap pay , work rules, canceled vacations and the total disrespect of the rest of the regional pilot groups and not to mention Johnny O getting ready to take them off of a cliff. Our systems chief pilot said that our management believes that at least one of the regionals demise is inevitable. We can all guess who they have on the top of their list. I guess if I was very senior I might ride this thing to the end but eventually there won't be anything left to ride. Dude.:cool:

But the end isn't now is it? Why let a good ride die on premature speculation? Now as for what you've read on these boards, take it with a grain of salt. A lot of these people here try sound tough, but they are more talk and hype than anything. As for MAG pilots getting xld vacation, its true, and as much as that sucks, you have to look at how sorry the other regional players are and you'll probably see they have something to match Mesa's xld pilot vacations. Bottom line, if ur a pilot looking for a regional, your probably goning to get butt reamed at any of them, it's just a question of how. Leason learned: pick which posion fits you best and try to enjoy the ride until upgrade time or you have the hours to interest the big boys or find something else to do.

But the end isn't now is it? Why let a good ride die on premature speculation? Now as for what you've read on these boards, take it with a grain of salt. A lot of these people here try sound tough, but they are more talk and hype than anything. As for MAG pilots getting xld vacation, its true, and as much as that sucks, you have to look at how sorry the other regional players are and you'll probably see they have something to match Mesa's xld pilot vacations. Bottom line, if ur a pilot looking for a regional, your probably goning to get butt reamed at any of them, it's just a question of how. Leason learned: pick which posion fits you best and try to enjoy the ride until upgrade time or you have the hours to interest the big boys or find something else to do.

I just realized your profile says that you are a dispatcher. My intelligence is wasted here.:rolleyes:

I just realized your profile says that you are a dispatcher. My intelligence is wasted here.:rolleyes:

3. pogue 51 up, 16 down
.Orininally P.O.G ( Personnel other than Grunts). There are two types of pogues:

1) field pogues: These are the ones that give support to the grunts(infantry) in the field, like communications and transport.

2) office pogues: These are the office troops that sit on their arses in front of a computer with heat in the winter and ac in the summer. Also known as S.O.M.A ( sit on my arse). These are looked down by both, grunts and field pogues.

Field pogues sometimes become grunts because they go everywhere the grunts go, like the the Navy Corpsman or Marine Radio Operator.
" Do you have a combat action ribbon? you f*ing pogue !!

or a set of wings?

3. pogue 51 up, 16 down
.Orininally P.O.G ( Personnel other than Grunts). There are two types of pogues:

1) field pogues: These are the ones that give support to the grunts(infantry) in the field, like communications and transport.

2) office pogues: These are the office troops that sit on their arses in front of a computer with heat in the winter and ac in the summer. Also known as S.O.M.A ( sit on my arse). These are looked down by both, grunts and field pogues.

Field pogues sometimes become grunts because they go everywhere the grunts go, like the the Navy Corpsman or Marine Radio Operator.
" Do you have a combat action ribbon? you f*ing pogue !!

or a set of wings?

:mad: So my brethern and I are looked down on when we make all the nessicary phone calls and arangements when you divert?

We call to make sure u landed in one piece?

We take care of all the trip planning so you don't have to?

We seem to have all the answers your usually looking for (related to the operation)?

We tell you were the crew room, ops, and the plane are located so you don't have to go seraching?

Maybe I'll just put u on permanant hold the next time u call me for help because you seem to think all I do is sit on my fat ass :D

MESA actually hit as low as 2.29 a shre, thats the lowest they have been in 17 years! SEVENTEEN!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back