Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa out at Steamboat/Yampa Valley (HDN)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
YV will most likely see increased frequncies to other DASH cities out of DEN

YV out, OO in. Its a win/win for everyone.

Mesa's been trying to get out of the turbo-prop business for the past decade. This isn't really news.

Their stock price is at (ANOTHER) 52-week low though - which for Mesa haters, IS news.

$2.68

Ouch. Mesa's response . .. .make all the "top men" switch hats. Yeah. That should do it. How many different times has ZK been Director of Ops over the past decade anyway?

Mesa's been trying to get out of the turbo-prop business for the past decade. This isn't really news.

They want to get out of the Beech 1900 flying. However, they are happy to fly turboprops around for code share partners when they are guaranteed a profit margin.

I fly into HDN several times a year. This is good news for HDN travelers. Mesa would have plowed one into a mountain if given enough time in that environment, so I'm breathing a little easier over this.

Hopefully, Mesa and J.O. will get rammed again out in the Pacific for another $80 million so we can get closer to eradicating this embarrassing scurge to a once honorable industry.

It's a new year, so let's all wish real hard.

Their stock price is at (ANOTHER) 52-week low though - which for Mesa haters, IS news.

$2.68

If'n you gonna post, POST RIGHT!! The low is well over five years, maybe double, maybe even an all time low. The chart stops at five years. Maybe you can check it for us. Use your rose sunglasses again.

I do not hate mesa! I do hate JO. I will not pull punches for a man who sticks to lies over and over to defend the dirty game he plays in HI. If he under sold your new airline( I don't think Mesa will make it ) you would hate him too. OH GOD where are those financal reports. YOU know the ones showing that he can make money by losing money on aircraft seats and selling vacation packages with cars and hotel rooms. Like euro guys do..

I don't know if that is good or bad. I do know that Mesa suxs.

B

$2.68

Ouch. Mesa's response . .. .make all the "top men" switch hats. Yeah. That should do it. How many different times has ZK been Director of Ops over the past decade anyway?

Check out the press release at Mesa's website or under Mesa's stock page on Yahoo finacials...lots of upper mgmt shuffling going on...Some promotions which were waiting to happen. On the surface it may look like a standard mgmt shake up, however if you know the names invovled it won't take long to connect the dots and see they are a who's who of JO butt kissers; Of all the names mentioned only 4 bigwigs are left out of this transaction and you can probably expect a press release soon concerning one of them. The others aren't going anywhere and if you know who they are it appears that JO has no plans to back down in HI or China. Also if you look over this shakeup you will notice that more of JOs inner circle are being brought up or shifted around in the ranks of upper management and all based in PHX. It is only my speculation at this point, but given MAGs piss poor stock preformance and with JO being a keen money man if he isn't orchestrating a complete buy out of the company. Think about it, he lets the stock price sink to a point he can use to obtain complete control,most likely via Chap 11, and along the way get rid of the lawsuits and contracts he wishes not to deal with. He then retains his post and has complete control and a potentially clean slate to run things as he pleases. Moving more of his top cronnies into cushy but important positions may possibly be a prelude of this secenario, he brings the gaurd dogs back to base and puts them in places where they will all be close by to ride out the 'rough waves' and then after arriving in calmer seas, JO still has his posse with him and complete control of MAG with no BOD or other interest to challenge him and the skeletons in the closet are buried.

It may not not happen, but neither is it outside the realm of possiblity at this point...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back