Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa out at Steamboat/Yampa Valley (HDN)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also, if you think Mesa is a bad place to be as a pilot now, remember, if JO gets control he may very well have the cards in hand to set the pilot group into a whip saw and effectively silence the pilots collective barganing group...Just food for thought if my speculation above proves true...

J low-ball will get his sooner or later.

More and worse later suits me fine...it would be a damn shame if he died quickly and painlessly on one of his motorcycles-to say nothing of a waste of a fine machine!

Also, if you think Mesa is a bad place to be as a pilot now, remember, if JO gets control he may very well have the cards in hand to set the pilot group into a whip saw and effectively silence the pilots collective barganing group...Just food for thought if my speculation above proves true...

Here's a stupid question. Why don't the pilots that are there now get the hell out? From what I hear even if your a senior captain you're not losing anything to start over at another regional. It's not like nobody is hiring. And why would any newbie take a job there unless he's been dorked at every other company?:confused:

BTW it appears NASDAQ is pissed off at MAG for not reporting Q4 in a timely manner and is apparently ready to yank MESA from the listings pedning a panel review...

Upon closer review, it appears that some of these promotions invlove former Delta bigwigs, so don't look for DL and MAG to head to divorce court soon...

Its not that easy

Here's a stupid question. Why don't the pilots that are there now get the hell out? From what I hear even if your a senior captain you're not losing anything to start over at another regional. It's not like nobody is hiring. And why would any newbie take a job there unless he's been dorked at every other company?:confused:

:erm: Did u even think about what u posted? Dude you may not think highly of Mesa, but you shouldn't go bashing the people, or telling them to go somewhere else. If you've got 15 or 20 years in at company and more so in a position governed by seniority, then you have it made. Why the hell would you ditch that to make a lateral move and start at the bottom? There is a lot to be lost there, and one in a higher position would be stupid to walk away. He only lets others move up and he sinks somewhere else. Additionally, after that much time why would you go the trouble of getting hired at another regional and go through all the indoc motions agian?

You also can't speak for everyone, and some of those MAG drivers know things may that be that great, but it would be worse to up and start elsewhere.

Now as for the new guys, if you are fresh and looking for a RJ slot, then the ball is in your court as to where you want to fly. If you are ditching at a 1900 operator, then even Mesa might be better, especially if ur after jet time...

My .02cents

:erm: Did u even think about what u posted? Dude you may not think highly of Mesa, but you shouldn't go bashing the people, or telling them to go somewhere else. If you've got 15 or 20 years in at company and more so in a position governed by seniority, then you have it made. Why the hell would you ditch that to make a lateral move and start at the bottom? There is a lot to be lost there, and one in a higher position would be stupid to walk away. He only lets others move up and he sinks somewhere else. Additionally, after that much time why would you go the trouble of getting hired at another regional and go through all the indoc motions agian?

You also can't speak for everyone, and some of those MAG drivers know things may that be that great, but it would be worse to up and start elsewhere.

Now as for the new guys, if you are fresh and looking for a RJ slot, then the ball is in your court as to where you want to fly. If you are ditching at a 1900 operator, then even Mesa might be better, especially if ur after jet time...

My .02cents

Yes, I thought about what I wrote. From everything that I read on this board Mesa is hell on earth. With crap pay , work rules, canceled vacations and the total disrespect of the rest of the regional pilot groups and not to mention Johnny O getting ready to take them off of a cliff. Our systems chief pilot said that our management believes that at least one of the regionals demise is inevitable. We can all guess who they have on the top of their list. I guess if I was very senior I might ride this thing to the end but eventually there won't be anything left to ride. Dude.:cool:

Latest resources

Back