MESA on 60 day notice?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As I said before...........

Part of the minutes from the UA MEC on the last UAL meeting with the Express carriers the past week.

It's just a matter of time..........

4. Mesa CRJ Captains timing-out and ALPA allegations of fraudulent record
keeping: UA is emphasizing performance and work-practices with all SJ
providers- especially those who have had problems in the past. Without
specifics there's not much they can do. They do audit times and can tell if
there has been a change and why. If I can get specific flights or more
information I'll raise this further. UA is concerned with Mesa's on-time
departure rate.

Unquote

hey we all wear our mesa badges proudly.....backwards that is.

UAL is perfect for mesa. two airlines with no clue as to how to run an airline married at the hip.

I flew with the reginal chief pilot the other day and he stated that overall united loves us minus the hiccups that everyone has when starting up new operations/bases etc.
I was flying with a furloughed UAL pilot who was staying in the loop, he said the plan is to shed Mesa when United exits bankruptcy.
It's tibits like these that make these boards worth reading. Such reliable, inside information that you just can't get anywheere else. Keep 'em coming, fellas!

Last edited:
mesajock said:
For all you naysayers our performance is right in line with skywest and is better than airwis. So the 2 months notice is just a rumor and nothing more...
Ummm... Not sure where you're getting your stats, but our monthly newsletters always have Skywest first, AWAC a distant second, and Mesa an even more distant third. But hey, Mesa might catch up for Sept after our computer virus two Weds ago! (and we all know that JO planted that virus)

I've also noticed on the boards in IAD that most of the delayed flights are 7000 numbers.

CHQ Is high 7000s not 8000 as reported above. You guys need to relax counting who is late on the boards and stuff. Just keep it to yourself that you think you guys are the best in the world.

mesajock said:
Thanks guys for jumping on the bandwagon! DORKS!!!
Now for the truth. United was a little upset with us but, once we were able to show that our ontimes at all of the stations that we controled were on average around 98% and completions were higher.......

Dorks!!!!

Fellas, he just said the 'd' word.
Them's fightin' words.

rightrudder said:
What stations do you control in the UA system? Just the DEN Dash 8 ops, right?

As for IAD, everyone is hosed. The ramp is controlled by Delta Global Services, and they just plain suck for everyone concerned.
I know Mesa runs the MCI and several other stations opened this month. As for performance, our numbers last month were 99.5% completion on the UAX side.

wrong thread!!!

Last edited:
Well, UAL was the one that told ZW to park the 328s and brought Mesa in with the DASH-8s and then the CRJ-700s.

The 328's are still sitting up in Canada with ZW colors on them, so if UAL really wants to reduce what Mesa is doing, they can approve ZW's 4th request to purchase CRJ-700s and let them bring back the 328s.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back