• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESA on 60 day notice?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can anyone from MESA shed some light on what it is exactly that UA is upset about?

the real story

Thanks guys for jumping on the bandwagon! DORKS!!!
Now for the truth. United was a little upset with us but, once we were able to show that our ontimes at all of the stations that we controled were on average around 98% and completions were higher. What do you expect when you have a competiter running your ramp (mesa's fault for being cheap).
In addition, Mesa is the only reginal for United that was out of all 5 bases and therefore we were streched a little thin. We are currently downsizing DEN and moving more ops to IAD and BNA which will help. I flew with the reginal chief pilot the other day and he stated that overall united loves us minus the hiccups that everyone has when starting up new operations/bases etc.
For all you naysayers our performance is right in line with skywest and is better than airwis. So the 2 months notice is just a rumor and nothing more...

How surprising that your times were 98% at the stations you controlled. Must be nice to not have ACARS. I know we used to do the same thing all the time.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=reginal

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=competiter
Thanks guys 4 jumpin' on da bandwagon! D-O-R-K-fukin'-S!!!Now 4 da troof. United wuz some tiny-ass upset wit' us but, once we wuz able t'show dat our ontimes at all o' da **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** stashuns dat we controled wuz on averagearound 98% an' compleshuns wuz higha'. Whut do yo' ass 'espect when yo' asshave some competita' runnin' yo' ramp (down low, mesa's fault 4 bein' chaip).In addishun, Mesa be da **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** only reginal 4 United dat wuz out o' all 5 basesan' therefo' we wuz streched some tiny-ass thin. We be current-like downsizin'D-E-fukin'-N an' movin' mo' ops t' I-A-fukin'-D an' B-N-fukin'-A which willhelp. I flew wit' da **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** reginal chief pilot da **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** otha' day an' he stateddat overall united loves us minus da hiccups dat everyone has when startin'down fresh opuh'ashuns/bases etc. 4 all yo' ass naysaya's our puh'formance beright in line wit' skywest an' be betta' dan airwis. So's da 2 months notice beplum some rumor an' nothin' mo'...

mesajock said:
Thanks guys for jumping on the bandwagon! DORKS!!!
Now for the truth. United was a little upset with us but, once we were able to show that our ontimes at all of the stations that we controled were on average around 98% and completions were higher. What do you expect when you have a competiter running your ramp (mesa's fault for being cheap)...
What stations do you control in the UA system? Just the DEN Dash 8 ops, right?

As for IAD, everyone is hosed. The ramp is controlled by Delta Global Services, and they just plain suck for everyone concerned.

I have been performing my own, highly unscientific survey of late; every time I have a 3 hour sit in a hub I go look at the UAL departure boards to see who (if any) is late. I should probably write them all down but by far Mesa seems to account for most of the delays. The last time I was in IAD (where delays reign supreme) it was a fairly nice day and there were only 7 United flights running late, 1 United mainline, 1 Air Wisconsin, 1 Shuttle America and 4 Mesa. Granted I can't tell you why any of these were late but go do it yourself and you will see where the deficiencies lie. 5000 series flights are Air Wisconsin, 6000 are SkyWest, 7000 series are Mesa and Shuttle America, 8000 are Trans States and CHQ.

I hear nothing but horror stories of cancelled flights and regular delays (if that isn't an oxymoron) from my brother pilots who have to commute on Mesa routes. But then like the man said I guess you get what you pay for. The rumors that Air Wis might put some airplanes back in DEN are, I suspect largely wishful thinking on behalf of our recently displaced pilot group. I for one hope they are true though. God knows I would like to see the west coast again. I retain hope that when UAL corp emerges from bankruptcy that we will see a positive change in the express flying. Good luck to all!

Freddie are you off you rmedication again!!!

We are supposed to be getting our own people in IAD. This is system wide for mesa. True about the ACARS I guess we will see on that one...

I was flying with a furloughed UAL pilot who was staying in the loop, he said the plan is to shed Mesa when United exits bankruptcy. There's a big "if" and "when"!!

For what ist worth!

Now for the truth. United was a little upset with us but, once we were able to show that our ontimes at all of the stations that we controled were on average around 98% and completions were higher. What do you expect when you have a competiter running your ramp (mesa's fault for being cheap).
This is the way JO wants it, believe me. They could do at least a little better if Mesa provided their own ramp service, but this way they have a convenient scapegoat. This way they can try to blame all of the delays on the contracted ramp service. As if that is the only thing f-ed up about the Mesa operation.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back