• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa - Number one regional 11th straight month

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would you make such an absurd atatement? Mesa, in addition to being the best performing, lowest cost regional airline for the past several years, has profitable, long term contracts with US Airways (through 2016) and with United (through 2018). Mesa also operates 70 and 90 seat aircraft, which happen to be the only aircraft in demand these days.

Please help me understand how is this alienating all major partners?

That worked out really well for Mesa and Delta with the CRJ-900 didn't it. Last I check Pinnacle Corp and ASA are flying the ones Mesa use to have

Last edited:
nothing wrong with getting more airplanes, as long as it`s not at the expense of lost jobs.

So you're ok with new airplanes going to regionals vs going to mainline which can allow you to have a mainline job some days? Anytime an airplane gets transfer someone will lose their job or QOL or a possible job at mainline. Sounds to me you're real excited to get some airplane from Mesa. Is that because you want to see them out of business or because you want to be a lifer at Skywest? I like to know what's your reason? So your QOL can improve while another pilot QOL can get worse?

Last edited:
What attitude, nothing wrong with getting more airplanes, as long as it`s not at the expense of lost jobs. Not sure what being SLC based has anything to do with this, even though i am not. Lighten up.

WHAT ATTITUDE???

What exactly did you mean by "well be taking some of those 700 and 900 airframes"...

This is the attitude present in a few folks at SKW ... unfortunately, its tainting the reputation of your entire pilot group. I've talked to more than one person out online who have expressed a certain opinion of SKW pilots.

Funny thing is, this is posted in a thread showing that the front-line employees at Mesa (like their management or not) are doing a pretty good job (WITH ACARS) despite a lot of setbacks recently.

In regards to the CR9s that Mesa was operating and went to Pinnacle... it sounds like those planes are POSSIBLY on the move again to a different carrier?

No one's gloating, SKW people are just smart enough to interpret the writing on the wall. When it comes to US Airways Express flying, AWAC will be the first to go and Mesa will be right behind them.

No one's gloating, SKW people are just smart enough to interpret the writing on the wall. When it comes to US Airways Express flying, AWAC will be the first to go and Mesa will be right behind them.

Please, the 900's have been completely re done with 9 first class seats. Our numbers are solid. The 900's are here to stay. If those crappy ass 200's have been around this long how long ya think the 900's will be here ? Bottom line, the 900's make airways a ton of money. Go flame somewhere else.

Sorry, I forgot that Skywest people are so smart. At least in their own minds. So smart that Skywest approached USAirways to ask if they could fly the 200s at a huge loss. There's something to gloat about. How many of those fuel-efficient CRJ200s do you have over there? Oh wait... maybe SKW isn't so invulnerable afterall?

Again, its a shame that a few of you folks at SKW are tainting the image of your entire pilot group. I think I'm starting to understand some of the things I've heard others say about the attitudes of a certain airlines' crewmembers.

Remember Skyw has the options to transfer 700s for those 200s (possible 900s down the road maybe?). And ironically the options coincide with Mesa's contract dates. Hmmmm.

Still it's well known that SkyWest and usairways have been talking for years. And I'm sure there was more to the deal than what you think is "SkyWest losing money on 200 flying".

Remember Skyw has the options to transfer 700s for those 200s (possible 900s down the road maybe?). And ironically the options coincide with Mesa's contract dates. Hmmmm.

Still it's well known that SkyWest and usairways have been talking for years. And I'm sure there was more to the deal than what you think is "SkyWest losing money on 200 flying".

You are saying that OO's contracts to upgrade 200s to 700s happens when Mesa's extension options come up?

Possible. But the fact is that it was cheaper for SKW to fly those planes for USAirways at a loss than to park them and lose even more money on the leases. It makes a certain amount of sense, but it is hardly the model image of "smart". And even if its their best option, its hardly something to celebrate... regional airlines undercutting eachother and being willing to fly at a known loss. Its kinda the problem we have with pilots, isnt it?

And even if there might be more to the deal than we see, does that justify pilots bragging about how they feel that soon they will have another groups airplanes?? Don't even try to BS and say that it wasn't gloating... it couldnt be more obvious, and anyone who can't see it is blind. I've heard SKW make the comments "once we get into PHX we are going to eat Mesa alive!" gloating. Great attitude. THAT is my point though... not what may or may not happen, just that some of these guys have such a bad attitude that I'm starting to think that I'll have a hard time feeling sympathetic for them if they start parking hundreds of CRJ200s and have to lay people off.

As far as the future of the 900s... who knows. But keep in mind that USAirways now owns 10% of Mesa so they do have SOME interest in considering how decisions would affect Mesa. I'm not saying its a game changer, just saying it might have some small effect.

To re-state my point... its not whether or not SKW may end up doing more flying for USAirways... my statement is more about the ATTITUDE some pilots have toward fellow pilots. Say what you want but we all know that was a ******************************y comment... and ******************************y comments come from ******************************BAGS.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back