• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa losing DEN Dash 8 flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is UAL taking advantage of someone's existing operation and cutting their own risk and expenditures on parallel route structures.

There is precedent for this. Great Lakes was a dedicated United Express carrier untill 2000, at which point the relationship was terminated. Great Lakes became standalone, codesharing with BOTH United and Frontier in most markets. United only backfilled a fraction of the fromer network with other regional partners, and just accepted codesharing with a competitor in all but the biggest of those markets. The only difference between that arrangement and codesharing on Lynx flights would be scale.

Of course it's not going to happen. Skywest bought their way in, they'll doubtless pick up the flying with a mix of CL65s and E120s.

Wow. The potential for more pilots on the street and that's what you have to say? Really classy.

Mesa Sucks! There is NOTHING classy about Mesa. Hopefully this will result in those pilots getting on with a reputable company.

At least someone gets it.

For those who slept through aviation history PSA was a low coast carrier based in LAX that US Airways bought in the 1990's. They then began the slow withdrawal of west coast flying until all the PSA flying was history.

Once again the middle management of US Airways proves they have no F*ucking clue how to fly west of the Mississippi. I mean, these waste of oxygen peaces of human excrement have proved time and again over the last 25+ years that they have zero competence in running an airline.

Yet somehow this nightmare of an airline survives by grafting on pieces of other, better run airlines upon themselves. Then they continue to stagger into the night like some post deregulation Frankenstein.

But I'm not bitter...I don't even work for them.

You managed to perfectly describe Mesa and many other airlines in that rant too. Nicely done!

Mesa Sucks! There is NOTHING classy about Mesa. Hopefully this will result in those pilots getting on with a reputable company.

Again....missed the point. I wasn't implying anything regarding Mesa OR any other company. I was however, referring to the fact that someone else is relishing in the fact that someone else might (key word, might) be out of a job and on the street. As for reputable company - which one? This is aviation.

Last edited:
Might I add that I visited the Denver tower and they absolutly hate the skywest pilots. They were pretty pissed at you guys. They actually liked the Mesa pilots...hmm. Maybe it is that cocky attitude the skywest pilots have....grow up.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Thee reason the controllers hate the skywest pilots is because they can't understand what they're saying half the time...something about their headsets.
They like they Mesa guys because they've been around since the beginning of DIA and have more experienced crews on those planes.

Thee reason the controllers hate the skywest pilots is because they can't understand what they're saying half the time...something about their headsets.

"Center, mummble garble (no callsign) 6336 level (diminuendo) garble mumble"

All day, every day. It blows my mind when a fighter guy on VHF being force-fed O2 in a mask sounds clear as a bell in comparison.

Might I add that I visited the Denver tower and they absolutly hate the skywest pilots. They were pretty pissed at you guys. They actually liked the Mesa pilots...hmm. Maybe it is that cocky attitude the skywest pilots have....grow up.

Cant' help it, it's the 9, it's so shinny. The reason why our audio is off is because we don't use the DCs, that's too regional, we pretend to be mainline and use the 2 kilogram telex headsets. The wind noise is bad but who cares it's the 9. I'd fly it for free, bring on the q400s even though they are props.

Latest resources

Back