Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Nancy Pryor

Gear bitch
Anyone know how long MESA is likely to keep hiring?

And, where are MESA newhires typically going these days?
Which airplane, and which bases?

I've read the gouges but everyone is "waiting to hear" so
it doesn't tell us much.

For someone getting hired now, how long is reserve and
how long before he/she could get a different domicile?

Thank you for all constructive responses. Flame away
if you must, just remember MESA pilots don't run MESA.

Nancy Pryor said:
Thank you for all constructive responses. Flame away
if you must, just remember MESA pilots don't run MESA.

Ask, and you shall receive. German citizens didn't run the Nazi government back in the day, but I wouldn't want to have moved there.

do you search this board at all to see what people think of mesa,
and you still want to work there, wtf?

Last edited:
Due to shitty training department, the washout rate is pretty high. Do yourself a favor, find a better airline to work for.

newhires to MCO for Delta as Comair is furloughing. That sucks. Like everyone else says don't go there and don't agree with the rationalization of management being the only problem. The pilot group needs to demand better, period.

The sad part is, them being the lowest bidder, that company CAN afford to treat them like humans. If mesa raises its costs, to maybee say, at least a Transstates level, what are those airlines going to do? There's no one lower, and blow---jets can't become nationwide overnight, there's not enough scabs in this coutry, so the airlines will pay it. And badda-bing. You guys now have 11 days off and better pay. etc.

Die Mesa Die Mesa Die Mesa Die Die Die Die Die Die Die Die Die Die Die Die Die Die......dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

relief tube said:
newhires to MCO for Delta as Comair is furloughing. That sucks. Like everyone else says don't go there and don't agree with the rationalization of management being the only problem. The pilot group needs to demand better, period.

The sad part is, them being the lowest bidder, that company CAN afford to treat them like humans. If mesa raises its costs, to maybee say, at least a Transstates level, what are those airlines going to do? There's no one lower, and blow---jets can't become nationwide overnight, there's not enough scabs in this coutry, so the airlines will pay it. And badda-bing. You guys now have 11 days off and better pay. etc.

Well said. I couldn't agree more. I saw their awards when I was in the United Express crew room the other day in ORD. They are the only company I know of where they build trips that have reserve tacked onto the end of it. I saw 4 day trips where you would sit on reserve for 6 hours at the end of the trip on your fourth day. Do yourself a favor and don't work there. Until they can't fill classes things will never change there.

Mikes Apartment said:
MESA sucks my GOOCH!!!!!!!!

Dude, is your name really Mike? Or is your username in refernece to a guy that used to rent rooms in his Amsterdam apartment but has since moved to Brazil?

Latest resources

Back