MESA has lowered hiring mins (again)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Soverytired

"Mesa Air Group is now accepting applications with 500 hours total time and 100 hours multiengine" ---- from the Mesa-air.com homepage

I'm sure they'll all be trained up to ATP standards and will be completely qualified. Oh, and I'm pretty sure that my cockpit just became an effectively one man show. Ugh.

I hate to say it, but they will all be doing it soon! Sorry for your luck!

Hah! I gotta check in with the mother ship home page more often. I gotta stop complaining, because the mother ship clearly states:

"So if you’re looking for great, friendly service or you’re keen to work in a fun, professional environment with the best in the business, we’d love to welcome you to Mesa, ATW Regional Airline of the Year 2005. "

(Will someone please win that stupid award so our flight attendants don't have to say it every time during their announcements? This is getting ridiculous. I wonder if our company just paid ATW 50k to make up this award and give it to Mesa in 2005)

i heard pinnacle is hiring allatps grads with 200tt

And that's different than the current batch of MAPD/Pace pilots going to Mesa how?

Oy! Well, I don't really want to get into the whole "the only LEGITIMATE way to become a pilot is [military/PFT/instructing/banner towing/cargo/corporate]. All have strengths and weaknesses.

MAPD pilots are known quantities. Their real world experience is very limited, it's true, but they're sharp, and committed, and very, very "Mesa standard". Give me a 300 hr fo trained at MAPD vs a 500 hr who scraped along for 1 year giving lessons in a C172, and I'll know in about 5 minutes which is which.

They'll both keep me on my toes (re: scare me to death), but I have a pretty good idea what to expect of a MAPD'er. Not so the "other" route.

whats funny is how mesa is hiring anyone with a pluse and 200hrs right now. They will have a severe shortage of capts inside a year because none of these 200 hour mapd mavricks will have the total time to upgrade. Again there is no attrition problem at mesa right JO??

I have seen the new hire quality first hand and its been a one man show quite often.

Oy! Well, I don't really want to get into the whole "the only LEGITIMATE way to become a pilot is [military/PFT/instructing/banner towing/cargo/corporate]. All have strengths and weaknesses.

MAPD pilots are known quantities. Their real world experience is very limited, it's true, but they're sharp, and committed, and very, very "Mesa standard". Give me a 300 hr fo trained at MAPD vs a 500 hr who scraped along for 1 year giving lessons in a C172, and I'll know in about 5 minutes which is which.

They'll both keep me on my toes (re: scare me to death), but I have a pretty good idea what to expect of a MAPD'er. Not so the "other" route.

I would take someone who has flight instructed over some who hasn't any day of the week. I learned more about flying while instructing than I ever did during initial flight training. Training is a lot of theory with no application. You should NEVER underestimate the value of practical experience.

I would take someone who has flight instructed over some who hasn't any day of the week. I learned more about flying while instructing than I ever did during initial flight training. Training is a lot of theory with no application. You should NEVER underestimate the value of practical experience.
Dang skippy!

Latest resources

Back