• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa gone from U?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you are to be put on furlough to make 50% of the seats available to Mainline affected pilots who will get paid at the set capt rate to start, I think you will get to have say! Since when can they furlough the middle of the seniority roster... if this is the case, seniority numbers are pointless!!! If they aren't determing your pay, advancement to capt, or the order for furloughs, THEN WHAT ARE THEY GOOD FOR!! Soon they will be able to hire capts right off the street and pay them first year fo pay, b/c ALPA is essentially oking the demise of the seniority system. Is Colgan Air non-union? If you are unionized, every single airline by accepting J4J, or even wanting it should be screwing themselves at the next contract negotiations, b/c at the next negotiations the pay those "affected mainline pilots" will be the minimum acceptable starting pay! Why? b/c if they accept (or show that they want) the protocol, they are accepting/admitting the fact that they could have afforded to pay the old pilot group in the fashion where 50% of the pilots make $50/hr and they also only have the highest paid 50% of the original pilot group still on the property.. So these airlines better be careful what they wish for.

Last edited:
About Freedom AL.

Correct me if I am wrong, but J4J ( at the time ) only allows companies that are unionized.
U also do not allow ( at the time being ) co-share with an express operators of larger airplanes than 50 seater jets and I have not read about any changes about that in their new TA.
Both of these will disqualify Freedom AL that not even has a operating certificate, any airplanes or crew ( yet... )

Rumors like this ( Mesa to loose U-contract... wish-thinking from some parts I guess... ) surfaces frequently. Personally, my favorite is the one about Mesa is to by AWA ( or opposite ), that surfaces every 3-4mnd... Not a bad idea though.... or how about them buy Continental Express, Express One or Mesaba.....The list is long.

There has always been some friction between WO and the contract carriers and I prefere to look at the orign of the rumor before I get to exited.........

look at post #1

Hey guys remember I posted this off of the Allegheny pilots' email loop. Its been to days and I havent seen anything to confirm or deny it.

Exactly. No one to confirm or deny it . That is why it is called a rumor. Bet someone had / has a great laugh about the result........

Anyway,
J.O's responce to the rumor:

"Let me assure you that is a very wild rumor with no validity whatsoever.
BTW, the contract is not concellable for a number of years."

Learlove, JO's answer to your rumor, take it for what you want.
-Bean
---------------------------------------------

Date: Fri Jul 19, 2002 9:17 pm

"Let me assure you that is a very wild rumor with no validity whatsoever. BTW, the contract is not concellable for a number of years."

Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard that Duane Worthe refused to sign the LOA 81/J4J deal because there "are no second class pilots in Alpa." As for Mesa losing their contract we can only hope.

Latest resources

Back