Mesa Go'n East?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WSurf said:
That is such BS!!! I have a mesa guy that Jumpseats on us a bunch! He is pretty senior and was looking forward to bidding the 900's in CLT! Man, I am with Islandhopper here..... You GUYS NEED TO GET A BACKBONE AND CRUSH THIS GUY! Jeezzzz.... Good luck!!!

Trust me Wsurf, we are trying. We're more frustrated then any of you out there. As you know as a PDT pilot, there are very few times that we as pilots have a chance to get the upperhand on Mgmt. JO got the best of it a couple yrs ago. Our turn starts in early 07. I wish the RLA gave us or any pilot group more lee-way (sp) but it doesn't. JO's time WILL come.
In the mean time if we could just get every ALPA regoinal group to SUPPORT each other, instead of fighting each other, we would sure all be in a better position long term. Unfortunally, we are our own worst enemies most of the time. -Bean

Beantown said:
Trust me Wsurf, we are trying. We're more frustrated then any of you out there. As you know as a PDT pilot, there are very few times that we as pilots have a chance to get the upperhand on Mgmt. JO got the best of it a couple yrs ago. Our turn starts in early 07. I wish the RLA gave us or any pilot group more lee-way (sp) but it doesn't. JO's time WILL come.
In the mean time if we could just get every ALPA regoinal group to SUPPORT each other, instead of fighting each other, we would sure all be in a better position long term. Unfortunally, we are our own worst enemies most of the time. -Bean

Good post,Bean....

PHXFLYR:cool:

Jonny O. is a bastard, but without him Mesa would cease to exist.

Somebody on one of these boards said Johnny O was a convicted criminal.. Anybody know what crime he committed?

D.sanchez said:
Somebody on one of these boards said Johnny O was a convicted criminal.. Anybody know what crime he committed?

SEC exchange fraud. he didn't do any jail time but was banned from trading for a few years.

He's the one that lines up the work for you, without that you're out of business. Nothing against any pilots flying for Mesa, but Mesa isn't exactly a quality product; on time, completion, etc. call it poor management on the operation side. JO can sell it and close a deal, not easy to do when your product is crap. When he was at Mesa before he built it into the largest regional in the country with all its affiliated airlines. He left and it fell apart, now he's back and closing deals, lining up work. Again, I have nothing against anyone at Mesa, their pilots are as good as any, but frankly flying the planes is the easiest part of this industry. You can have the planes, the crews, the gates, but if you don't have a customer, you're out of business and JO has proven quite adept at keeping Mesa's planes flying. I'm just glad I don't work for him.

Latest resources

Back