Mesa Go'n East?

Jack Mehoff

I PITTY DA FOO!
Total Time
6000+
Heard that Mesa is downsizing phx and opening IAH WTF mate! whats the deal you guys? JO mess'n with texas!

doh

Jump seat shrink
Total Time
48 yrs
Well, I'll bet Delta intends to sell us (Comair) to them, so that will give Adolph Eichmann Orensteen a pretty big presence out east. It will give us a pretty big pain in the a$$.:puke:

justgrieveit

Total Time
Mesa wants -900's in Charlotte but they have to wait until all the ERJ drivers have been displaced and the base closed to avoid having to train any CLT based pilots that would have had the opportunity to bid the -900 and stay in CLT.

Mesa opened TDY up in IAH as a bridge to the east coast for the -900's until CLT is closed, at which point they will more than likely close IAH and open CLT as a -900 base thus scrwewing every CLT based ERJ pilot out of bidding rights.

45-80 crews are being displaced out of PHX to IAH with an opening date for IAH on 12-17. MERRY XMAS!

To avoid an unreasonable amount of Deadheading out of PHX our scheduling committee chair looked the other way when Mesa opened up tdy in IAH, as this is illegal since IAH was never a domicile in the first place. I am not making this up, and believe me I wish I was.

islandhopper

Clone War veteran
Total Time
5000+
justgrieveit said:
Mesa wants -900's in Charlotte but they have to wait until all the ERJ drivers have been displaced and the base closed to avoid having to train any CLT based pilots that would have had the opportunity to bid the -900 and stay in CLT.

Mesa opened TDY up in IAH as a bridge to the east coast for the -900's until CLT is closed, at which point they will more than likely close IAH and open CLT as a -900 base thus scrwewing every CLT based ERJ pilot out of bidding rights.

45-80 crews are being displaced out of PHX to IAH with an opening date for IAH on 12-17. MERRY XMAS!

To avoid an unreasonable amount of Deadheading out of PHX our scheduling committee chair looked the other way when Mesa opened up tdy in IAH, as this is illegal since IAH was never a domicile in the first place. I am not making this up, and believe me I wish I was.
that fukcn ornstien... you guys need to crush him!

synchoff

Total Time
justgrieveit said:
45-80 crews are being displaced out of PHX to IAH with an opening date for IAH on 12-17.
Roughly 18 planes, probably all CRJ 900's.

WSurf

The Smack Down!
Total Time
That is such BS!!! I have a mesa guy that Jumpseats on us a bunch! He is pretty senior and was looking forward to bidding the 900's in CLT! Man, I am with Islandhopper here..... You GUYS NEED TO GET A BACKBONE AND CRUSH THIS GUY! Jeezzzz.... Good luck!!!

synchoff

Total Time
B-J-J Fighter said:
Who does Mesa fly the 900's for Airways?
US Airways (right now, they're all painted under the America West colors though).

Rumors abound about Delta opportunites though . . . . and possibly United (but with less than the current 86-sardine/package currently employed).

miles otoole

Total Time
10k+
WSurf said:
I have a mesa guy that Jumpseats on us a bunch! He is pretty senior and was looking forward to bidding the 900's in CLT!
Something wrong with this. A senior Mesa CA is looking forward to his next assignment at Mesa? It must not be too bad at Meas if so many people are content to stay.

Beantown

Ex Chicken
Total Time
5000+
WSurf said:
That is such BS!!! I have a mesa guy that Jumpseats on us a bunch! He is pretty senior and was looking forward to bidding the 900's in CLT! Man, I am with Islandhopper here..... You GUYS NEED TO GET A BACKBONE AND CRUSH THIS GUY! Jeezzzz.... Good luck!!!
Trust me Wsurf, we are trying. We're more frustrated then any of you out there. As you know as a PDT pilot, there are very few times that we as pilots have a chance to get the upperhand on Mgmt. JO got the best of it a couple yrs ago. Our turn starts in early 07. I wish the RLA gave us or any pilot group more lee-way (sp) but it doesn't. JO's time WILL come.
In the mean time if we could just get every ALPA regoinal group to SUPPORT each other, instead of fighting each other, we would sure all be in a better position long term. Unfortunally, we are our own worst enemies most of the time. -Bean

PHXFLYR

USAir by default
Total Time
>0;<1
Beantown said:
Trust me Wsurf, we are trying. We're more frustrated then any of you out there. As you know as a PDT pilot, there are very few times that we as pilots have a chance to get the upperhand on Mgmt. JO got the best of it a couple yrs ago. Our turn starts in early 07. I wish the RLA gave us or any pilot group more lee-way (sp) but it doesn't. JO's time WILL come.
In the mean time if we could just get every ALPA regoinal group to SUPPORT each other, instead of fighting each other, we would sure all be in a better position long term. Unfortunally, we are our own worst enemies most of the time. -Bean

Good post,Bean....

PHXFLYR:cool:

Jon Rivoli

I am the Devil.
Total Time
Jonny O. is a bastard, but without him Mesa would cease to exist.

D.sanchez

Total Time
Somebody on one of these boards said Johnny O was a convicted criminal.. Anybody know what crime he committed?

WSurf

The Smack Down!
Total Time
Yea... Screwing Little Young Commerical Pilots!!!

stall022

Total Time
D.sanchez said:
Somebody on one of these boards said Johnny O was a convicted criminal.. Anybody know what crime he committed?

SEC exchange fraud. he didn't do any jail time but was banned from trading for a few years.

PHXFLYR

USAir by default
Total Time
>0;<1
Jon Rivoli said:
Jonny O. is a bastard, but without him Mesa would cease to exist.

How do you come up with that?

PHXFLYR:cool:

Cloudroller

Total Time
His kids now do his trading. At one time they were also payed consultants at Mesa.

Jon Rivoli

I am the Devil.
Total Time
He's the one that lines up the work for you, without that you're out of business. Nothing against any pilots flying for Mesa, but Mesa isn't exactly a quality product; on time, completion, etc. call it poor management on the operation side. JO can sell it and close a deal, not easy to do when your product is crap. When he was at Mesa before he built it into the largest regional in the country with all its affiliated airlines. He left and it fell apart, now he's back and closing deals, lining up work. Again, I have nothing against anyone at Mesa, their pilots are as good as any, but frankly flying the planes is the easiest part of this industry. You can have the planes, the crews, the gates, but if you don't have a customer, you're out of business and JO has proven quite adept at keeping Mesa's planes flying. I'm just glad I don't work for him.

suupah

Total Time
mesa in IAH

Who is the codeshare out of IAH?