Mesa furloughing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
7 yrs ago....

remind me who went out of business becasue of Mesa's last contract?

I quickly searched but couldn't find the thread back in 2001 where the Mesa pilot was telling the DAL furloughee that he will have a job forever and the DAL guy should be on the street because the MESA pilot claimed to be cheaper and more efficient.

Karma is a B.I.T.C....H!

I believe GO had a little something to do with ALOHA being put out of business...

Who is putting Express Jet out of business? Why did Big Sky go out of Business? Skywest started people at $19/hr for quite a while are they bottom feeders? Regionals are flying mainline routes all the time which probably has something to do with mainline pilots being furloughed. Blaming Mesa for all that ills our profession is not realistic nor is it helping anyone.

WSurf I like your crewmeal picture, but that was my crewmeal with the mouse not yours and it was PSA, sorry.

I'm sorry, but the pilots are somewhat to blame. You can't blame it all on management. These pilots chose these jobs and it is them who sit at the other end of the negotiating table.

Seems like you were turned down after the interview at Mesa, were you?

I'm positive that if you ger furloughed from your present carrier and Mesa is hiring for the jet spot, you'd be the FIRST to send in an application.

Let me get this right - you think someone would be bitter for not getting a job at Mesa? What kind of crap do they feed you Mesa-ites in indoc?

Ahh yes..let the hypocrisy begin. The ol' it's ok for you to lose your job, just not ok for me...
That karma door that is mentioned swings many ways, even just speaking of ill will on others.

SLC
:cool:

It never ceases to amaze me how quick pilots are to take jabs at others' misfortunes.

Can't we just agree that this is probably the worse time in the industry since sliced bread?

Pilots are their own worst enemies.

Grow up, people.

I'm positive that if you ger furloughed from your present carrier and Mesa is hiring for the jet spot, you'd be the FIRST to send in an application.

I'm not the original poster, but I'll respond...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

In my years at mesa, I do not recall anyone ever getting turned down by mesa. I assume it happened once or twice, but only because of background issues which would preclude you from working at ANY airline.

I'd venture that almost no one in the airline business would ever take a job at mesa, knowing what we all know. I would most certainly never go back there, penty of other ways to make money without selling your dignity and self-respect.

Who is putting Express Jet out of business? Why did Big Sky go out of Business? Skywest started people at $19/hr for quite a while are they bottom feeders? Regionals are flying mainline routes all the time which probably has something to do with mainline pilots being furloughed. Blaming Mesa for all that ills our profession is not realistic nor is it helping anyone.

Why yes, yes they are.

Latest resources

Back