Mesa/Freedom will fight Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What happened to your RAH interview?

I went. Got the offer. I declined because they dont pay till 3-4 weeks into training. Cant afford to go that long w/o money. I got bills to pay. To make it even worse, its not min guarantee....Plus Im coming up on second year pay.

I went. Got the offer. I declined because they dont pay till 3-4 weeks into training. Cant afford to go that long w/o money. I got bills to pay. To make it even worse, its not min guarantee....Plus Im coming up on second year pay.

I made more in training in the per diem (400 per week for the first four weeks) than I did on reserve at Mesa. Its a tax free 1600 dollars the first month. I doubt thats a huge pay cut... but maybe it is. It was also a pay raise for me even on reserve from first year pay at Mesa because of the work rules. No words will describe the improvement in my QOL when I made the switch. No amount of pay at Mesa is worth the abuse. Even doing a two leg commute to CRP the first three months ON RESERVE at CHQ was better than living in base at Mesa. I was home more than I ever had been. Now that I live in base and hold a line... well there is no comparison.

There are plenty of airlines that pay during training. I know ASA does, and they would probably fall all over you with your year of airline experience (especially compared to the 300 hour wonders we've been getting).

There are plenty of airlines that pay during training. I know ASA does, and they would probably fall all over you with your year of airline experience (especially compared to the 300 hour wonders we've been getting).

So does RAH. They pay a 400 per week tax free per diem for the first month. Not sure how this was a "pay cut" from Mesa.

Pdub,

Why don't you put your app in at ASA? Newhire classes are still happening, and although first year pay still sucks, it is probably better than you are doing right now.

Look at the big picture. Mesa may or may not last, and it appears the music is beginning to stop. Will you have a seat?

You have seemed like a nice guy on FI, but your posts over the past month or so seem to show a higher stress level. Maye it's time to jump ship and take the first year pay hit again. I'm sure it pays more than unemployment.

Pdub,

Why don't you put your app in at ASA? Newhire classes are still happening, and although first year pay still sucks, it is probably better than you are doing right now.

Look at the big picture. Mesa may or may not last, and it appears the music is beginning to stop. Will you have a seat?

You have seemed like a nice guy on FI, but your posts over the past month or so seem to show a higher stress level. Maye it's time to jump ship and take the first year pay hit again. I'm sure it pays more than unemployment.

Yea, I have an interview with ASA next month. The guy said you guys are hiring into a Pool right now.

Yea, I have an interview with ASA next month. The guy said you guys are hiring into a Pool right now.

I sincerely hope things work out for you. This career choice we're afflicted with sure does a number on reasonable people! Still beats working underwater for 3 months at a time!!

Latest resources

Back