• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESA Equipment.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, it is. Equipment lock for life saves money on training events.

You can only upgrade into your airplane, and T-prop guys have the option of waiting and upgrading into the jet. Jet FO's are stuck.

Just curious, does that also mean that if you are a capt on the 145 then you are never able to get into the CRJ? (for the higher rates on the -700 and -900) Not that I would EVER leave to go to mesa... just curious.

What are the chances of getting hired into a RJ at Mesa? from my understaning most new hires are getting into the 1900

You have no control over what aircraft you will get. You will list your preferences, but in the end what you want doesn't really matter (pretty much goes for every day life at Mesa). I wanted the Dash or the 1900 and got the CRJ, go figure. It changes from week to week.

Just to give you an insight into Mesa's brilliant staffing planning: I had a new hire in the jumpseat a couple of days ago who went all the way through ERJ ground school and on the last day of class was told they were being switched to the CRJ, so they started all over.

The only thing for sure, the aircraft you get will have two engines and a T-tail. Good luck.

Just curious, does that also mean that if you are a capt on the 145 then you are never able to get into the CRJ? (for the higher rates on the -700 and -900) Not that I would EVER leave to go to mesa... just curious.

turbo prop FO's can upgrade to any airplane (1900, dash, 145, and crj). Turbo prop CA's can upgrade to either jet CA. Jet FO's either crj or 145 can upgrade to either Jet CA position. and 145 CA's can upgrade to the CRJ.

Prop FO's can upgrade in their respective aircraft or any jet unless a situation arises and the company waives that requirement based on their needs.

I suffered at Mesa but I also gained a trememdous amount of experience. You'll always be an underdog and beaten up on this forum but Mesa guys are used to that treatment. We get it from our flying brethren as well as management. Fine by me. I was there 9 3/4 years and flew as captain for 8 1/4 years. 1900D FO/1900D CA/CRJ 2/7/9 CA. I logged over 4000 turbine PIC and that certainly helped me get to where I am today.

With that said, the pilots at Mesa are pretty beaten up right now. They secured scope protections at the cost of quality of life. However, they are now one unified list of pilots and will give one unified kick in the ass to management when the CBA comes up for renewal. I'd start putting money away in your "strike fund" right now. ;)

Prop FO's can upgrade in their respective aircraft or any jet unless a situation arises and the company waives that requirement based on their needs.

I suffered at Mesa but I also gained a trememdous amount of experience. You'll always be an underdog and beaten up on this forum but Mesa guys are used to that treatment. We get it from our flying brethren as well as management. Fine by me. I was there 9 3/4 years and flew as captain for 8 1/4 years. 1900D FO/1900D CA/CRJ 2/7/9 CA. I logged over 4000 turbine PIC and that certainly helped me get to where I am today.

With that said, the pilots at Mesa are pretty beaten up right now. They secured scope protections at the cost of quality of life. However, they are now one unified list of pilots and will give one unified kick in the ass to management when the CBA comes up for renewal. I'd start putting money away in your "strike fund" right now. ;)

Prop FO's upgrade in their own equipment or to any jet. Any jet FO may upgrade to any jet CA but not a prop unless it is waived by the company based on their needs. Another way to bypass that is to be one of the lucky ones that is displaced from a jet base that has props based there as well. Then you can cross the line if you can hold the seat if your equipment is gone.

I hear high time hires get the t-prop, as it should be.

I would agree with you. If a Mesa Pilot Development pilot arrives to a jet they are missing a huge amount of learning that comes from the prop side of the house.

You should fly steam before you fly glass....

My .02

If you gave any of the Mesa Pilot Development guys a turbo prop they probably wouldn't know what to do because they have no FMS or autopilot. They also have 40 hours in that pile of $hit CRJ FTD and they all think their experts. I had one tell me that he had the abitliy to be a captain at 250 hours.

If you gave any of the Mesa Pilot Development guys a turbo prop they probably wouldn't know what to do because they have no FMS or autopilot. They also have 40 hours in that pile of $hit CRJ FTD and they all think their experts. I had one tell me that he had the abitliy to be a captain at 250 hours.

I would have kicked his face in after hearing that!

Latest resources

Back