MESA Equipment.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pdub20s

What are the chances of getting hired into a RJ at Mesa? from my understaning most new hires are getting into the 1900

What are the chances of getting hired into a RJ at Mesa? from my understaning most new hires are getting into the 1900

About the same as your chances of getting rode hard and put away wet at Mesa, which is to say, excellent.

Since FOs are seat locked unitl they upgrade your chances are probably pretty good considering Mesa's ratio of jets to turbo props.

Why the hard-on for an RJ?

What, are you kidding? Fly a prop? You got to be kidding. This guy probably has 800 hours, and wouldnt want his friends to see him fly a prop.

Do you really think he wants to fly 8 legs a day with no autopilot, in sh*tty weather, to learn what airline pilots before him had to go thru. No he knows everything and is wanting to fly that Virgin A320 for $50 an hour.

Its the "now" generation.

On average, your chances are good for the RJ, but it depends on what they need at that moment. One thing about the 1900 is that if you get that airplane they will tell you when you get the job offer since the training is in ICT.

If you are told to report to PHX, it will be CRJ, ERJ, or D-8, but you may not find out which until the first week of class.

Umm, BTW why would you contemplate mesa anyway? It really doesn't get much worse than that as far as 121 employers...

He must've seen the Mesa ALPA video and realized that Mesa pilots DO have more fun. Have fun, and remember to submit your $50 application fee. Every fee received goes towards helping J.O. buy another motorcycle.

Im asking cuz a lot of post about mesa hiring mostly talk about getting hired into the 1900. Im just curious as to what chances would anybody have about getting into the RJ.in response to that other guys post I have no problem flying a prop or anything like that...hey, turbine time is turbine time right? And im not interested in mesa really..i have heard a lot the horror stories

If I were you I would be hoping for the 1900 or Dash 8. You'll upgrade a hell of a lot quicker. I mean, if your job is going to be living hell...it might as well be from the left seat.

Latest resources

Back