• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa & Eagle's ERJ's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard they're talking a minimum of 50 airplanes, and the version I'm hearing is that PF was telling people working at SOC that the planes will be flying in American colors. Not sure the type... been hearing likely possibly 50 and 70 seaters. The 50-seaters would presumably be subleased from AMR, while the 70s could be additional flying for AMR.

Also heard rumors of Spirit starting something at Gateway and speculation that something might be happening there with Mesa. Who knows.

Next question... where will they find pilots to fly them? We'll see...

Don't see anything happening beyond leased 50 seaters to start. AMR would need to get scope cut by the BK court to allow 70 seaters. That hasn't happened but it is possible AMR is lining up contractors for that flying if the get it.

Spirit is about to launch service out of IWA. 3 flights a day. To small, IMM, to envolve Mesa, but if Spirit is succesful at building up LAS, then something might transpire.

Something is definitely up at corporate. JO has been shuttling back and forth from DFW and appeared to be upbeat about our prospects. I'm just waiting for his offer of more flying as long as we accept 86 seat pay for 100 seat aircraft. Then I get to watch my union fold like a cheap suit.

Good times.

Your union is you, don't blame anyone but YOU.....get your merging com up and running and stop bitching about your leaders who only care for your own good

Delta is the one that got rid of Freedom, they went to court over it. Delta paid lots of money to get rid of the 50 seater over at Mesa side, and you think Delta would hand it right back to Mesa?

Delta got out of the 50 seaters by canning Mesa. They saved a fortune. It wasn't primarily about performance, it was about capacity. It was nothing personal and I wouldn't be surprised if they were back in bed with each other in less than 12 months.

Delta got out of the 50 seaters by canning Mesa. They saved a fortune. It wasn't primarily about performance, it was about capacity. It was nothing personal and I wouldn't be surprised if they were back in bed with each other in less than 12 months.

It would be more likely that Mesa's assests are flying for DLX with another airline in 12 months vs. Mesa and DL working together again.

Something is definitely up at corporate. JO has been shuttling back and forth from DFW and appeared to be upbeat about our prospects. I'm just waiting for his offer of more flying as long as we accept 86 seat pay for 100 seat aircraft. Then I get to watch my union fold like a cheap suit.

JO is probably upbeat due to his new job at AA. Just ask the former XE ceo how he likes it there.

Latest resources

Back