Mesa/Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hou757

What were the results from the Delta/Mesa trial on Friday. I thought the results would be posted by now or is the trial continuing into Monday?

It wasn't a trial, it was oral arguments before three judges from the appeals court.

It may take months for a decision but it is very unlikely that Mesa will lose. There wasn't any new evidence introduced and the standard to overturn the lower court is high.

Yup expect Delta to have to buy out Mesa to dump the ERJs. Will they, depends on how much is needed to pay but I'd be leaning toward yes.

It wasn't a trial, it was oral arguments before three judges from the appeals court.

It may take months for a decision but it is very unlikely that Mesa will lose. There wasn't any new evidence introduced and the standard to overturn the lower court is high.

Overturn? Overturn what? Mesa had received a preliminary injunction against DAL http://ad.doubleclick.net/imp;v7;j;...es_Inc._7F7F42E4C1D94521945D68F6B74656D5.html to enjoin the airline from canceling Freedom Air's contract last fall.

All that meant was the judge said you can't cancel their contract until they have a full court hearing because doing so would cause permanent harm (ie they would go into BK). It had NOTHING to do with the merits of DL canceling or evidence that they could or could not justify it.

I think that DAL shot themselves on this one. Whitehurst singlehandedly destroyed their case. Lets see what the outcome is but I am not holding my breath.

Sounds like DELTA SUCKS!

no kidding, who told Delta to get involved with that freeking regional, they're like cancer.

If you give a chimp a gun and the chimp shoots someone, you don't blame the chimp. This one is Delta's fault, maybe that'll tech'em

I am sure we will keep this one in litigation on some level for some time to come.

I would be very surprised to see Mesa fly for DAL ever again.

I am sure we will keep this one in litigation on some level for some time to come.

I would be very surprised to see Mesa fly for DAL ever again.

Any idea why Delta decided to go with Mesa??? I know they were cheapest, but still, come on now.....

Continental and Delta are the best airlines the US has to offer, why did DAL get involved with freeking Mesa??

Latest resources

Back