Mesa Cut Out of USAir Flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Texx

CHICAGO, Jan 13 (Reuters) - Struggling U.S. airline Mesa Air Group (MESA.O) on Tuesday said US Airways Group (LCC.N) plans to reduce the number of aircraft it pays Mesa to fly regionally.

The carrier said the flight cuts, which are planned for January, July and next January, could continue, putting new strain on the company.
Mesa said that US Airways said it would eliminate three CRJ-200 flights by next year.
"We anticipate US Airways will continue to further reduce the number of covered aircraft in accordance with the agreement," the company said in a regulatory filing.
Mesa said that as of September 30, it operated 38 CRJ-900, 11 CRJ-200, and 6 Dash-8 aircraft for US Airways under a code-share agreement.
Mesa, which provides regional service for US Airways, Delta Air Lines (DAL.N) and other carriers has been looking to shore up its finances for months as it tries to ride out volatile fuel prices and a drop in travel demand.
Mesa said on Monday it received a letter from Nasdaq warning the company its stock is subject to delisting because Mesa was not in compliance with some listing requirements.
Mesa shares were down 10 percent at 26 cents in afternoon trade on the Nasdaq.
(Reporting by Kyle Peterson; Editing by Bernard Orr)

So what is that? 1 flight this month, one in July and one in Jan 2010? WOW headline news! I assume it means aircraft not flights!

oh yeah...MESA SUCKS!!!

Mesa said that US Airways said it would eliminate three CRJ-200 flights by next year.
"We anticipate US Airways will continue to further reduce the number of covered aircraft in accordance with the agreement,"

Did you read this....drama queen. Getting rid of 3 50 seaters as per the agreement.....wow were cut out.

They will cut down everything but the CRJ-900's. Tempe asked Piedmont Management to run the numbers for Dash 8's out of PHX. This was 3 months ago and we haven't heard anything since then. Something must be up, because I have never see Piedmont this fat on Pilots and FA's. Some pilots and FA's havent flown in 6 weeks.

However if Mesa goes Chp.11 their pretty much gonna be done.

PDT said a few weeks ago that there wasn't going to be any flying west of the missippi per the ask PDT. That is what scarbola and farrow said. So where is it that you got they asked PDT to pick up the flying?

PDT said a few weeks ago that there wasn't going to be any flying west of the missippi per the ask PDT. That is what scarbola and farrow said. So where is it that you got they asked PDT to pick up the flying?

If you visit 'ask piedmont' so much you would know.

They said, 'there was no plans in place at this time to fly out west'. However, also on ask piedmont it was told to us that Tempe asked Piedmont to run numbers on operating cost out of the PHX market with the Dash 8's. THAT IS A FACT. Now, us going out there is a different thing. Certain things would have to happen.

We are way overstaffed and there only a few reason why we could be.

Hey what if Mesa to stay afloat unloaded some of their CRJ-900s on USAirways mainline, and they put all the guys furloughed on the Regional Barbie Jet.

:pimp:

If you visit 'ask piedmont' so much you would know.

They said, 'there was no plans in place at this time to fly out west'. However, also on ask piedmont it was told to us that Tempe asked Piedmont to run numbers on operating cost out of the PHX market with the Dash 8's. THAT IS A FACT. Now, us going out there is a different thing. Certain things would have to happen.

We are way overstaffed and there only a few reason why we could be.

Reverse Tooth stabbing!

Per ask PDT:
Q. I have been hearing rumors about a maintenance base opening in arizona or colorado. Is that true. if so could we get more information.A. No truth to any rumors that we are planning a MX base in AZ or CO. My guess is that this is related to us saying that we have told Airways that we could replace Mesa as the D-8 operator in PHX, but there are no plans for that to happen.

Q. I feel that the last few weeks of questions has been lacking. So in the spirit of fun...... When is PHX opening? With fuel costs decreasing are we going to get jets? How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?A. Nothing new on PHX. We've told Airways it's something we can do. Decreasing fuel costs are good for our industry, although they are caused in part by reduced economic activity, which is not good for airline pax demand. That said, we are Airways' turboprop operator and that's where I think our future is. Beats me on the woodchuck. Steve

Q. Today a posting was made under "Career Opportunities" for First Officers, followed by "...however, will not be interviewing or hiring for the first half of 2009." Can you tell us if this is some associated indication of positive opportunities in the near future for our company? Like...maybe having a few resumes on file if there's some expanding beyond the Mississippi River... you know, towards the land of the beautiful desert, sunshine, and Grand Canyon perhaps?A. In today's economic environment I don't see us taking on additional opportunities west of the Mississippi. We will continue to utilize our aircraft to optimize the marketing schedule in markets where flying CRJ's do not support the business plan. We fill the gap in the 200 mile market which is a good fit for the Dash.

Michael

Q. This is in response to the hiring memo on the website. Are we planning to hire new FO's in the second half of '09? Are we not overstaffed as it is and have little attrition? Does this mean we will be renewing the leases on the 5 aircraft? Are there aircraft from outside the company coming on board in the works? Will people in the pool be considered first or will it be dissolved? What are the prospects for upgrades?A. Too early to project our hiring needs for 2009 at this juncture. At this time we don't have a demand. Pilot recruitment will continue to screen resumes to ensure we keep our files up to date. We are still working with lessors to secure extensions to leases which are slated to expire. We will update you when we have further information. At this juncture we don't anticipate bringing aircraft from outside the company on-board. We will keep the pool active at this point and will evaluate market demands when needed. No upgrade training projected through the second quarter.

Michael
Doesn't seem to me like PDT is doing much of anything...

And if PDT was so great how come they can't get their knowledge of who works there and who doesn't together.
Call me what you want but yes, I am still interested to see whats going on over there, and yes I can still log on which is funny because I have not worked there in 2 years!!

Latest resources

Back