• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Cut Out of USAir Flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is this attitude which has the potential to be the ultimate downfall of the regional airlines as a whole. We already have multiple companies flying airplanes for rates which should be considered unacceptable. However, because of people like this, we are forced to accept lesser pay scales just to secure a job. The only solution to this downward slide is to have the regional airlines as a collective group stand up and demand higher wages and QOL. However, this will never happen because people like this populate airlines like Mesa, Gojet and Republic. Whenever one pilot group tries to make a stand and better themselves, they swoop in and stab their fellow pilots in the back and accept even lower wages on even larger equipment.

Actually, this is happening now. Its called the Fee For Departure Task Force. Call your rep for details.

Just because PDT flies at 3/4 the pay they should

Wha?

Hmm. Whatchoo talkin bout, Metro? I am not getting rich, but I get to look a mainline pilot in the eye and know I'm not doing his job for pence on the buck.

That's priceless.

I don't have the where-withall to crunch numbers per seat per year of longevity, but I seriously doubt we're sucking hind teat in that performa.

Maybe we are? Do you have numbers that justify that statement, and are you willing to show what you make in the same regard? That's not a typical passive/aggressive FI snark, that's genuine. I really want to know.

W2 compared to W2, I think Piedmont doesnt come out too shabby for the size aircraft we fly.

Although to be honest, probably 25 percent of the money we make is withheld from us until we catch Crewpay's "error" and submit a pay report for it.

Dang right!

I've been ruminating the figures. The only apples-apples numbers you can run are by seats. That's gonna take some crunching I'm not willing to do (ENGIN-NERD? UNWILLING TO NERD OUT? GAHH!) right now. Whatever...

The truth to the matter is that PDT is operating under a concessionary contract right now. The vast majority of ALL pilots working right now aren't earning what they should.

I'd like to see what's what...

Latest resources

Back