Mesa CRJ Clipboard

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SKYBOUND

A good friend of mine is upgrading to CA at Mesa on the CRJ. Id like to put a clipboard together for him with standard stuff from Mesas manual regarding stuff like limitations, icing stuff, circuit breakers, FO restrictions, ops specs, LAHSO...basic stuff but easy to reference. I have mine from AWAC back in the day but I bought a new computer and don't have the file any more. Besides, it had a lot of AWAC specific stuff. Does anyone have a good set up they would be willing to send to me?

I know this is a set up for massive amounts of flame responses and I look forward to it actually :) But seriously, I just want to put together something.

EMAIL: [email protected]

Thanks in advance

Check your email

It would benefit him more to create it himself. Here are some things I put on mine:
- Dimentions of CRJ 200/700/900
-I went through all the 10-9 pages and used a red highlighter on all taxiways that we can't use because of weight, wingspan, number of seats, etc.
-When we can't use reduced thrust
-When continuious ignition is required
-When we can and can't operate in freezing rain or drizzle
-All that 3585 stuff
-Req's for LAHSO
-That note about sometimes being able to use wing/cowl anti-ice but only having to take the hit for cowl a/i
-Takeoff mins
Someone at my company also created a card that has a brief overview of the differences between the 200/700/900.

Last edited:
Please dont take this as a flame, because it is not meant that way, but shouldnt he know this kind of stuff if he is upgrading?

Sounds like a handy resource for a newhire, but for an upgrade...? Is your friend one of those FOs who sits there like a bump on a log instead of using the right seat time as an opportunity to learn how to be a captain?

Not to say that I (or anyone else) is a perfect pilot who doenst need to study the basics, just some of what you list should have been committed to memory as an FO, and an upgrade candidate should have enough initiative to gather the study materials for the rest on his/her own.

Again, I dont mean to come across as a prick-your idea is rooted in good intentions!

Last edited:
I know this is a set up for massive amounts of flame responses and I look forward to it actually :) But seriously, I just want to put together something.

EMAIL: [email protected]

Thanks in advance[/quote]

Sorry, I don't know whats wrong. This has been posted all day and no real Mesa flame. I'll step up.

1. A clipboard is to small. His feet will hang off the edge when he tries to sleep on it.

2. I suggest adding some Velcro to hold his i-pod.

3. He going to need something to carry the clipboard in. Lets see what could he use? I know a backpack.:D

Please dont take this as a flame, because it is not meant that way, but shouldnt he know this kind of stuff if he is upgrading?

Sounds like a handy resource for a newhire, but for an upgrade...? Is your friend one of those FOs who sits there like a bump on a log instead of using the right seat time as an opportunity to learn how to be a captain?

Not to say that I (or anyone else) is a perfect pilot who doenst need to study the basics, just some of what you list should have been committed to memory as an FO, and an upgrade candidate should have enough initiative to gather the study materials for the rest on his/her own.

Again, I dont mean to come across as a prick-your idea is rooted in good intentions!

Umm, could it be that he is upgrading from the 1900 or maybe from the ERJ right seat? Dude, ease your troubled mind!:eek:

Umm, could it be that he is upgrading from the 1900 or maybe from the ERJ right seat? Dude, ease your troubled mind!:eek:

Perhaps, but several of the items listed would not be aircraft specific. Sorry if my mind seems troubled- I just cant help but think that if you need a private pilot-style kneeboard you're probably not ready to upgrade.

I was a Captain on the bird for 6 years. I used a clipboard. On it contained every Circuit Breaker location, and quick reference stuff you would get from our company FOM. Ever have to flip through an FOM in the plane? If you've never had to, your a hero (clap clap). I used the board to keep weather and the release and whatever for each flight together. Worked well. Not a knee board...but thats f$ucking funny to think about. Especially thinking of all the paperwork for each leg clamped into a knee board. Here at World Airways, there is not one guy that doesn't have a clipboard. Used every flight.

Now go spin those props (kidding) ... bunch of spare parts flying in formation

Latest resources

Back