• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa crew left man onboard

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I love how he's sporting the cap sideways, gangsta-style while being interviewed on TV. That immediately indicates to me that the guy's no rocket scientist.

Not to mention the fact that the procedure to open the cabin door (lever in the direction of the red arrow) apparently blew his mind. Had there been a cabin fire on the ground this guy would have burned to death had no one been there to open the door for him.

He woke up and decided to review the MX log? What was he looking for, directions to open the door? It is not that hard...

This happened at ASA in ATL awhile ago also.. The guy called 911 from his cell phone telling them he was trapped in an airplane and the cops went to the Macon airport searching frantically fro him (where he was from and where his cell phone called the local 911) until they figured it out, called ATL and rescued him on the ramp. The F/A took the hit, not the pilots.

he's not the first pax to not pay attention during the FA's safety briefing or read the card in his seat pocket.

"Lift the handle up and push door out." Not that hard, hell if he had just looked at it (assuming he wasn't drunk) it wouldn't have been that hard to figure out.

Not to mention the fact that the procedure to open the cabin door (lever in the direction of the red arrow) apparently blew his mind. Had there been a cabin fire on the ground this guy would have burned to death had no one been there to open the door for him.

Hence the reason why..... there..... are...... flight attendants...... they do more than serve drinks you know...

O.K. So I have been off line for a while but I logged on to Flightinfo to get some industry news and gossip. What a surprise; Mesa in the headlines on Flightinfo again. Well I looked over the thread but I couldn’t view the video because of the computer in the hotel. While I haven’t seen the video yet I am calling shenanigans and here is why.

Passenger sleeping in a seat. Can’t be seen by the crew. O.K. maybe if this guy is a midget. I haven’t seen the video.

Option 1. This guy was either hiding in the lav or in an overhead bin (I have seen an F.A. do this on a part 91 flight).

Option 2. He was not on the plane but hid somewhere and then climbed aboard after the crew left.

Either way there is a full briefing on opening doors and all of them are well marked along with written directions and pictorial directions (You don’t even have to be able to read to use them) on a card in the back of every seat.

If he is to stupid to open a door then he shouldn’t be allowed on planes.

The guy also went up on the flight deck. Why?

Because he wanted to dramatize his story.

Well I can only say that I hope that our crew does not get in trouble for this. It is obvious to me that he did it intentionally. There is no way that could have just occurred accidentally.

Hence the reason why..... there..... are...... flight attendants...... they do more than serve drinks you know...

I said had there been no one there to open the door for him...i.e. if the F/As were both dead. That's why the pax are supposed to be familiar with this stuff.

My bet is that this guy in the video was actually an off duty Mesa FO.

I said had there been no one there to open the door for him...i.e. if the F/As were both dead. That's why the pax are supposed to be familiar with this stuff.

Did he not open the door himself?

Latest resources

Back