Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a difference a "<" makes . . .

Soverytired said:
Take a closer look at your contract, anything over 76 seats is based on aircraft weight of 86k lbs or more for jet aircraft, in other words Yes there is a payscale for the E-195

From the Mesa contract:

> 76 Seats < = 86k lbs Jet Aircraft
(then the pay rates for this range follow)​

There is no contractual language for aircraft > 86k. E-195 has a max gross t/o weight of 107,563lb (111,972lb for LR version). Ergo, no pay rates on the property for these planes at MAG.

Language for a new rate will need to be negotiated if it comes on the property. Jet Blue year 1 rate for the E190 is only $71 per hour . . . and tops out at 89 for year 12. I doubt very much the company will be paying much more than Jet Blue ("industry standard"). . . so if I had to guess, it will probably be in the CRJ900 +10% range.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(additional contract language:))

New Equipment​

1. Should the Company put into operation aircraft other than the aircraft for which​

rates of pay are covered in Section 3 of this Agreement, written request for a
conference to negotiate an Agreement covering such new equipment, irrespective
of the provisions of Section 25 of this Agreement as to rates of pay, rules and
working conditions, may be initiated by either the Company or the Association
under the provisions of the Railway Labor Act, as amended.
2. The time and place for beginning of conferences will be agreed upon within ten
(10) days after receipt of request. Rates of pay agreed upon will be retroactive to
the first day the aircraft is placed into revenue operation. The parties agree to
confer for up to ninety (90) days at which time, in the absence of an Agreement, a
mutual request for National Mediation Board assistance will be filed.​

Last edited:
Soverytired said:
From the Mesa contract:

There is no contractual language for aircraft > 86k. E-195 has a max gross t/o weight of 107,563lb (111,972lb for LR version). Ergo, no pay rates on the property for these planes at MAG.
I need to put on my readin glasses got these things mixed up > <

Soverytired said:
From the Mesa contract:

Language for a new rate will need to be negotiated if it comes on the property. Jet Blue year 1 rate for the E190 is only $71 per hour . . . and tops out at 89 for year 12. I doubt very much the company will be paying much more than Jet Blue ("industry standard"). . . so if I had to guess, it will probably be in the CRJ900 +10% range.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(additional contract language:))

New Equipment​

1. Should the Company put into operation aircraft other than the aircraft for which​

rates of pay are covered in Section 3 of this Agreement, written request for a
conference to negotiate an Agreement covering such new equipment, irrespective
of the provisions of Section 25 of this Agreement as to rates of pay, rules and
working conditions, may be initiated by either the Company or the Association
under the provisions of the Railway Labor Act, as amended.
2. The time and place for beginning of conferences will be agreed upon within ten
(10) days after receipt of request. Rates of pay agreed upon will be retroactive to
the first day the aircraft is placed into revenue operation. The parties agree to
confer for up to ninety (90) days at which time, in the absence of an Agreement, a
mutual request for National Mediation Board assistance will be filed.​

At Jet Blue, I believe everything over 70hrs is paid at 150%. Not sure however! So that would make the payrates a bit better.

Fltlvls said:
Oh, for those who are wondering . . . Mesa dosen't currently have a payscale for anything larger than 86 seats.
Take a closer look at your contract, anything over 76 seats is based on aircraft weight of 86k lbs or more for jet aircraft, in other words Yes there is a payscale for the E-195[/quote]

So, can you tell everyone what is the weight of the 195 or 190 or 175 ?

All above aircraft have greater than 86,000 MGW.

Once again you are wrong.

But you are right about Mesa's contract, it sucks.

Not in so many words, but yes . . .

Taco Rocket said:
Have you heard the extension of the 195 rumor -- that Mesa will operate the 195's for go! out of CMH and PIT?

Mesa wants to run like an actual ariline instead of 100% contract flying. Expect it to fly stand-alone in some markets in the next 2-5 years. Expect the ridicule and abuse to grow at a rate geometric to its actual success (or failure . . . dosen't really matter.)

Taco Rocket said:
Have you heard the extension of the 195 rumor -- that Mesa will operate the 195's for go! out of CMH and PIT?

Not likely. Almost anywhere in the US mainland a stand-alone Mesa op would compete with one or more mainline partners...this is usually a no-no in the regional world, and JO is not going to jeopardize a paying job for some wild-ass FlyI type scheme.

Soverytired said:
Mesa wants to run like an actual ariline instead of 100% contract flying. Expect it to fly stand-alone in some markets in the next 2-5 years. Expect the ridicule and abuse to grow at a rate geometric to its actual success (or failure . . . dosen't really matter.)

They already tried that in TX...and it went away fast.

If at first you don't succeed, try, and try again . . .

B727FA said:
They already tried that in TX...and it went away fast.

This is true. However, that fiasco was LR's brainchild, not JO's. JO has consistently been a money maker for this company since his return. (ugh, now I gotta wash my mouth out for singing JO's praises . . thanks for nothing! :) )

A better analogy would be Mesa's current B1900 operation . . . a money loser, even with extensive EAS.

It will be a challenge, but it is also necessary . . . the legacy carriers are gonna continue to squeeze HARD on all their vendors, including those who provide feed. Mesa is going to have to generate it's own cash, and if it waits too long, it will become the next Mesaba or COEX, wonder where all it's flying went . . . .

WSurf said:
I heard that Mesa was gonna run a program that will allow a person to go from private to EMB 195 FO in 8 months and it will cost 50k.... You pay for 200hrs of FO time in the 195 and then they decide wether to hire you or not!!!
All immigrants will recieve 50% the total price for a guaranteed yes vote on all future pilot contracts!!!!

Its better than having 6500 hours and flying a Dash

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back