Mesa close to finalising E-195 fleet deal for Go

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

meanstreak

http://www.flightglobal.com/Articles/2006/04/18/Navigation/189/205991/Mesa+close+to+finalising+E-195+fleet+deal+for+Go.html

Mesa close to finalising E-195 fleet deal for Go
Mesa Air Group chairman Jonathan Ornstein is close to finalising a deal that will introduce Embraer’s 195 to the operator’s fleet.
The 95-seat aircraft will be assigned to Mesa’s Hawaii start-up Go, which will be launched on 9 June with five or six Bombardier CRJ200s. Ornstein says the decision to deviate from the larger Bombardier regional jets now employed in Mesa’s fleet will give him more leverage with new and existing feeder contracts, as well as aid his Hawaii expansion.
“It will be good to have certification across all these aircraft types,” says Ornstein. “Our [Mesa Air Group] fleet will soon be running short as some 50-seater jet leases expire. Once I have [E-195] certification I will have a better opportunity to approach the [mainline] airlines with options to upgrade to larger aircraft.”
Go’s initial fleet will contain at least five and possibly as many as eight CRJ200s, says Ornstein. Of these aircraft, talks are “at a very late stage” for short-term leases on five or six ex-Independence Air Bombardier 50-seat jets held by Export Development Canada (EDC), a government agency.
EDC confirms Mesa is one of “a few” airlines in talks to lease about a dozen of the 27 Independence Air and 15 Northwest Airlines Bombardier regional jets currently owned by the Canadian government agency as part of a lease guarantee deal with Bombardier customers.
At the end of 2005 Mesa Air Group operated 92 50-seat regional jets (27 of which are Embraer ERJ-145LRs, the rest a mixture of CRJ100s and CRJ200s), 15 CRJ701ERs, and 39 CRJ900s as well Beechcraft and Bombardier turboprops.

Maybe the salt air and high cycles will tear apart the plastic jungle jets. I know an Aloha guy over in the corporate office has a 190 model on his desk in aloha colors. I believe, that they don't think that aircraft will hold up well out here in this environment.

Hypoxik said:
Maybe the salt air and high cycles will tear apart the plastic jungle jets. I know an Aloha guy over in the corporate office has a 190 model on his desk in aloha colors. I believe, that they don't think that aircraft will hold up well out here in this environment.

Yup. I agree.

I think the REAL mission is to get the E195 up and flying, an put Mesa in an excellent position to capture additional E195 flying on the mainland with some of our code share partners.

Oh, for those who are wondering . . . Mesa dosen't currently have a payscale for anything larger than 86 seats.

Last edited:
mesa should change their name to "mescaba"

Gee, it's been a long time since I remember actually seeing some NAZI handiwork. I believe an indefinate stint in ths Stalag would be in order. Now, if you would kindly show me your papers, bitte?

Last edited by a moderator:
Soverytired said:
Yup. I agree.

I think the REAL mission is to get the E195 up and flying, an put Mesa in an excellent position to capture additional E195 flying on the mainland with some of our code share partners.

Oh, for those who are wondering . . . Mesa dosen't currently have a payscale for anything larger than 86 seats.

Who they going to fly them for?

US airways got the 190 at mainline
Delta doesn't allow anything over 70 seats (hopefully that will be it)
Continental nothing over 50 seats at the regional
American has Eagle
No-one else uses regionals

Won't happen. screw JO and mesa

wmuflyguy said:

American has Eagle

Huh?

What about United, America West, Frontier, Alaska, Northwest... They all use regionals...

And in this ever changing industry... Well, stuff happens!

wmuflyguy said:

American has Eagle

I believe JO is thinking in terms of the same type rating. He is huge on crew utilization ie, crews presently fly the 200, 700, and 900. perhaps he is leaning towards 170/175 to current partners.

Latest resources

Back