• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa buys PSA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If MESA is even close to being successful in reorganizing in bankruptcy, i.e. dumps their Dash's and -200's, Uncle Jerry will step in and buy them wholesale. The creditors committee would jump at the chance to have first rate management and a solid company take over from J.O.. I call this "Plan B"; Plan A is for MESA to liquidate and cherry pick at the yard sale. In either case MESA will not emerge as a stand alone entity and J.O. will be unemployed.

In my life I have had two paid tickets to fly on Mesa out of Savannah.... both, on separate occasions, were canceled the morning of.

Never Again!

Wsurf I don't know about that at PSA we got audited for faulty acars times and Airways found 3000 violations.

rene said:
Mesa is also leading the industry in the introduction of AQP, FOQA, and ASAP.

AWAC doesn't have AQP (every 121 operator should, IMO), but have had ASAP & FOQA since at least early 2006 when I got there. I'd imagine Comair/Skywest/Eagle have had both for similar amounts of time, or longer.

Hard to "lead the industry in the introduction of" when other carriers already have them...

If I was a moderator, any posts with titles that suggest that something has happened, when in fact it's just mental masturbation, would result in the OP being banned.

Seriously, it's one of my biggest pet peeves with this place.

Do you rely on this website for news and information?

Mesa's other MAJOR problem, is that their on time reliability and performance sucks!! The infrastructure required to support an airline of that size who codeshares with several mainline partners is not present. It wasn't present at my airline until Skywest bought us and dumped some money into the place, i.e. Realignment/organization of our maintenance dept, ASAP, FOQA, AQP, ACARS Weight and Balance, econ speed, pdc, etc. Mesa may have this technology, I am not sure, but what is for sure is that JO hasn't taken the revenue that MESA has made over the last 7-9 years and reinvested it into the operation to give the pilots the tools necessary to do their job safely and efficiently. Instead he lined his pockets. In this business you have to spend money to make money. I wish our ALPA brothers and sisters at MESA all the best, and I wish for JO what he deserves. As Delta mgmt says "Good Goes Round"! Good Luck Johnny!!

Do you have facts to support this argument? Please provide a reference. Mesa, to my knowledge, has never been the gold standard for on time performance and reliability, but the company has never performed among the worst, according to the DOT. In fact, since your post implies a background at ASA, you may want to check Delta Net for the historical performance of Freedom versus ASA.

Which one is it?

Calling times over the radio is a joke. What ever happen to integrity?

I have personally witnessed pilots at airlines (other than Mesa) calling out 1-2 minute delays because their roast beef sandwiches (crew meals) were delivered, in their opinion, late.

I can't believe how many people are on hear defending MESA (not many), Mesa sucks

I see that all of the MESA supporters have shut up !! hmmmmmmm , interesting !!
Go Johnny go !!! lol

I am describing a theory about what may happen in the regional airline industry. I am not making an emotional argument: I am describing a scenario. Believe it if you will.

1. Skywest unionizes with ALPA, which puts the brakes on Skywest’s growth and “large small jet” flying.
Why would it put the brakes on growth?

Because ALPA will then decide, in conference with its major sponsors (Delta and United), who “deserves” the flying to “protect career expectations” and “tow the line.” I put these terms in quotation marks because of their nebulous, subjective nature. By joining ALPA you marry your fate to these concepts and dilute your pilot group’s position at the negotiating table.

Because ALPA will then decide, in conference with its major sponsors (Delta and United), who “deserves” the flying to “protect career expectations” and “tow the line.” I put these terms in quotation marks because of their nebulous, subjective nature. By joining ALPA you marry your fate to these concepts and dilute your pilot group’s position at the negotiating table.

And what is wrong with mainline taking their flying back?

Latest resources

Back