Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Nancy Pryor

Gear bitch
Anyone know if/when a new hire who gets assigned the jet in ORD or IAD can transfer to PHX? Or are these separate certificates making a transfer from ORD or IAD etc to PHX (or LAS) difficult or impossible? Same for the B1900 and Air Midwest - can a new hire assigned the B1900 or the Dash8 transfer to (the CRJ) in PHX (or LAS), or once hired into the B1900 or Dash8 are you stuck there for good? How does this work?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I haven't been able to find a clear answer after a lengthy search, and it's not explained on the Mesa web site.

Anyone at Mesa have any idea which bases and aircraft new hires over the next few months are likely to be assigned?

Thanks for any responses. And yeah, we know, "don't go to Mesa", but some of us might end up there for a while anyway and could really use the wisdom of those who can answer these questions.

Nancy Pryor said:
Anyone know if/when a new hire who gets assigned the jet in ORD or IAD can transfer to PHX? Or are these separate certificates making a transfer from ORD or IAD etc to PHX (or LAS) difficult or impossible? Same for the B1900 and Air Midwest - can a new hire assigned the B1900 or the Dash8 transfer to (the CRJ) in PHX (or LAS), or once hired into the B1900 or Dash8 are you stuck there for good? How does this work?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I haven't been able to find a clear answer after a lengthy search, and it's not explained on the Mesa web site.

Anyone at Mesa have any idea which bases and aircraft new hires over the next few months are likely to be assigned?

Thanks for any responses. And yeah, we know, "don't go to Mesa", but some of us might end up there for a while anyway and could really use the wisdom of those who can answer these questions.

ok i'll bite

you can freely move to different bases depending on your seniority. right now ORD and IAD are the junior bases and PHX and IAH are more senior on the CRJ. MCO is the junior base for the ERJ. on the 1900 you could be assigned one of about 20 different bases and the Dash I believe that grand junction is the junior base.

to change you just need to change your standing bid and they will award you the new base when a spot becomes available.

once you are hired onto a turboprop of any kind you can only bid a captain spot on the jets. upgrades are running anywhere from about 18 months to 3 years depending on the jet. the Dash and 1900 upgrade usually varies from a month to a year.

Nancy Pryor said:
...can a new hire assigned the B1900 or the Dash8 transfer to (the CRJ) in PHX (or LAS), or once hired into the B1900 or Dash8 are you stuck there for good? How does this work?.

What...don't like props?

So is there any truth to the rumor (just a rumor heard from my FO via his neighbor's best friend who works for Freedom) that Freedom is going to set up shop and start flying DCI stuff in and out of CVG and start a base?

Who let the dogs out?

TiredOfTeaching said:
Enjoy your fukcing "campouts"!
I've read this three times and I still don't know what you're talking about. Care to explain it to the rest of us?

Last edited:
The campout thing is probably referring to the all nighter LAS flying where the aircraft is your home during your 0230 to 0530 break between flights

If a new hire FO gets the CRJ they can bid PHX, but its realtively senior in comparison to ORD or IAD, and seems to be shrinking. IAH is a possibility if you want to avoid the east. I think new FO's can hold that within a few months.

Who knows about F8 - its a new rumor every week.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back