• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Bankruptcy could be 7/20

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My point was merely that while everyone here is cheering Mesa's troubles, the fact is that every regional (even the vaunted Skywest) is facing rocky times ahead.

I'll take no pleasure from the fact that thousands of pilots will probably lose their jobs in the next year . . .jobs that won't be coming back, ever.

Good post!

My point was merely that while everyone here is cheering Mesa's troubles, the fact is that every regional (even the vaunted Skywest) is facing rocky times ahead.

I'll take no pleasure from the fact that thousands of pilots will probably lose their jobs in the next year . . .jobs that won't be coming back, ever.

SkyWest has rocky times ahead? Oh, please do tell.

Nobody is immune during this.

I think things can change just as fast for the better if we have a sudden drop in oil, but that isnt likely.

These kind of doom and gloom statements were being made by all of us after the 911 fall out, yet we mangaged to see a brief upswing in our industry.

The belts are going to be tightened by all, but eventually things will recover after we adapt to the new (financial)climate our industry and entire country are facing.

Medeco

SkyWest has rocky times ahead? Oh, please do tell.

Well, based on the stock progress of the last six months, it may not be as rosey as some predict.

I can imagine a pilot and spouse getting together years ago and celebrating over a bottle of wine...YAAHHOOO! I just got hired by Pan Am/Eastern/TWA/Braniff (take your pick), "We're set for life!"

I have to agree with Medeco, things change, how would SkyWest be without United (which is not beyond the realm of realistic possibilites).

Cheers!

Lilah

I really hope you understand that we ARE NOT immune...and we WILL be affected by this downturn.

No airline will get through unscathed.

Fair enough, no one is immune. But the SkyWest, Inc. outlook is much rosier than the rest of the regionals out there.

Yes, Skywest Inc. has good cash on hand to ride out the storm, thats about it.

Medeco

......And a long term Contract with Delta to provide lift. Comair does indeed have a contract for that lift as well, but does anybody know where that exists? SkyW Inc has long term Contracts set in place that will not be changed.

Trojan

......And a long term Contract with Delta to provide lift. Comair does indeed have a contract for that lift as well, but does anybody know where that exists? SkyW Inc has long term Contracts set in place that will not be changed.

Trojan

Which could get changed if UAL or DAL file BK.

Which could get changed if UAL or DAL file BK.

Which could get a better contract if filed for BK. Which could mean anything. Speculation, speculation, speculation, coulda shoulda woulda. Let's try and stay on course here. What happens if we enter WWIII? What if N. Korea and Iran attack? What if the sky falls and we have no more sun? See where I'm going here?

Trojan

Latest resources

Back