Mesa Bankruptcy could be 7/20

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I still don't wish Mesa to go out of existance... For a selfish reason:

I don't want the competition for a job if I end up looking for one!

Yeah you keep thinking that Soverytired. We've all seen the performance numbers Freedom put up in MCO and JFK.

I didn't say the charge was wholly without merit.

I know for a fact Delta is looking to dump 50 seaters and will aggressively seize any opportunity to be rid of them. (this goes for ASA, SKYW, everyone)

Mesa/Freedom is the tip of the iceberg. I could be wrong, of course. Was there a RFP put out to replace the flying done by Mesa, or is it just being retired altogether?

Nor do I have any special insight on Comair. Merely a guess. If their other lift providers are performing to their contracts, Delta won't be able to dump them until their contracts expire.

Comair, however, is a wholly owned and my guess (guess!!) is that they may be quietly shrunk. I don't know what kind of bad blood exists between Delta and Comair regarding their strike from 8-9 years ago, but I suspect there's little love or loyalty lost between them.

Last edited:
Lowlypropcapt,

Agreed. If we are both out of jobs, the first 6'er of 'da Ribbon is on me! Damn I love that beer. I wish they sold it out here...:(

To be fair, I think most observers think this is less about Mesa's performance and more about Delta's desperation to get rid of any and all 50 seater.

My guess for the next neck on the chopping block?

Comair.

Comair is in an excellent position for growth. Along with Compass and Mesaba.

Lowlypropcapt,

Agreed. If we are both out of jobs, the first 6'er of 'da Ribbon is on me! Damn I love that beer. I wish they sold it out here...:(

Yessir... I indulge in my PBR often! Meet me on my front porch in NC, bring your 6'er and add it to my 12'er (only $5.29!!). Then we can throw the empties at the movers when my family gets kicked out of the house!

Man... I do love this g'dawful shatty business!

:beer:

Comair is in an excellent position for growth. Along with Compass and Mesaba.

There is NOT going to be any damn growth!!!! Everybody needs to get through their thick heads that nobody is going to grow any longer. Where have you been? Airlines are looking to reduce flying and rid themselves of unefficient aircraft, etc.... Some company may get replacement airframes as 50 seaters are ditched, but lets stop fighting over growth and quick upgrades.....those days are gone.

Very true

Comair, however, is a wholly owned and my guess (guess!!) is that they may be quietly shrunk. I don't know what kind of bad blood exists between Delta and Comair regarding their strike from 8-9 years ago, but I suspect there's little love or loyalty lost between them.

Thank you Mr. Obvious. I guess you haven't paid attention the last couple years as Comair quietly shrunk, contract got smoked in BK, and attrition went through the roof.

but I suspect there's little love or loyalty lost between them.
Really!? Next you're going to tell me there is no love lost between Mesa pilots and JO?

Maybe you can go work for the Boyd Group

Last edited:
Thank you Mr. Obvious. I guess you haven't paid attention the last couple years as Comair quietly shrunk, contract got smoked in BK, and attrition went through the roof.

Really!? Next you're going to tell me there is no love lost between Mesa pilots and JO?

Maybe you can go work for the Boyd Group

My point was merely that while everyone here is cheering Mesa's troubles, the fact is that every regional (even the vaunted Skywest) is facing rocky times ahead.

I'll take no pleasure from the fact that thousands of pilots will probably lose their jobs in the next year . . .jobs that won't be coming back, ever.

Latest resources

Back