Mesa and the crystal ball

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We should start a pool

Each person picks the day that Mesa will lose their United contract. They then find the difference from what they picked and the actual date. We do the same thing with the Delta and US Airways contracts and add them all up. The one who is the closest wins. Wait, what am I talking about. When Mesa folds we all win.

Rumor around Comair is that we have been sold to a private company. With this they have also purchased Mesa's ORD United flying and planes. 30 new planes is the number going around. With that comes the Mesa pilots with a DOH integtation but able to hold their seats they are currently in. Take that for what its woth. There is some announcement coming on Tuesday from the Pres. could be it.

Dave

Rumor around Comair is that we have been sold to a private company. With this they have also purchased Mesa's ORD United flying and planes. 30 new planes is the number going around. With that comes the Mesa pilots with a DOH integtation but able to hold their seats they are currently in. Take that for what its woth. There is some announcement coming on Tuesday from the Pres. could be it.

Dave

Ummmm, okay. How would they take only the ORD crews? I could see the ORD flying, and maybe the planes, but how could they take only a part of a seniority list? Is this possible?

I have heard that MESA is more than 90 days delinquent in paying Flight Safety for simulator time.

Everyday now, MESA must pay Flight Safety upfront for use of that day's sims. There have been days when MESA has not been able to pay.

Ummmm, okay. How would they take only the ORD crews? I could see the ORD flying, and maybe the planes, but how could they take only a part of a seniority list? Is this possible?

....it has been done before and a lot depends on the agreement and the Mesa fragmentation language....

.....just one example is the PanAm deal with Delta.....Some of the PanAm pilots came with the routes.....which resulted in another ALPA lawsuit (Duke/Spellacy)....

Something like seniority merger, only in this case it would be a fragmentation clause.. I am not sure if Mesa has one. It would depend on the language and what #'-ages trigger it. ORD is less than 20 airplanes for Mesa isn't it? Thats less than 10% so if the fragmentation language was 10% the swap would probably not trigger it Mesa would either furlough pilots or be a little closer to a proper staffing formula.

Latest resources

Back