• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How could we possibly have made it this far without a good ol'

MESA SUX!!!!!!!

-Dammit-Just look at their record!

And now.. Who will be the replacement... The waiting game continues.

I haven't been on here in forever..

Last edited:
Wait, they haven't terminated the contract yet. If they had until a certain date to end a contract, and that date has passed, wouldn't it be logical to assume they are keeping the flying?

Wait, they haven't terminated the contract yet. If they had until a certain date to end a contract, and that date has passed, wouldn't it be logical to assume they are keeping the flying?

I think it's like an apartment. You have to let them know if you want another lease by X date. If you don't notify then they have to assume that you're leaving by the last day.

its not a wrap for mesa, something will happen to keep them around and hey guys I know Mesa sucks, but lets think about the pilots involved here, that would be a lot of guys who would join the unemployed ranks. Maybe Skywest will buy them to get into the USair network.

Don't know for sure, but was told that the ASA flying is new... Not part of the RFP for the loss of Mesa flying. Anyone know for sure?

Don't know for sure, but was told that the ASA flying is new... Not part of the RFP for the loss of Mesa flying. Anyone know for sure?

Look when ASA announced new flying compared to this announcement. Of course they can't say "this is the mesa replacement" before Mesa even receives word that they're gone.

What I don't understand is why everyone in the DAL Connection family thinks their flying and aircraft will be swapped out with something different. i.e. "what planes are we gonna get to replace the ____ that we're losing..." DAL is ELIMINATING regional capacity. Not maintaining it and certainly not growing it. You guys all heard 'em at the 3rd Quarter call - 100 50-seaters and all turboprops GONE. For Mesaba, that's all the 49 Saabs, and possibly 17 -200s. Huge damage to our ranks and a move that will bring us up to 11-12 year FO's... Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but take a look at your DAL Connection airline and try and figure out where YOU will stand.

MM

Latest resources

Back