• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESA .08 Fri, .07 Mon, .06 Tues........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You really think anyone is going to lease aircraft to Mesa ever again?

Ah, the question is: Does history repeat itself? Oh, yes it does!

When United canceled everything with Mesa, everyone said Mesa was history. Bombardier, when 50 seaters were HOT, had given up on Mesa and had "placed" their 15 50 seaters with other airlines as "loaners" until they could make good on delivery schedules. Mesa said that they would keep not only the 15 airframes , but make good on the 30 or so other airframes they had on order. And they did.

Later, when Bombardier over extended themselves to the point of bankruptcy, Mesa stepped in and saved their bacon, and broke the 50 seat "bubble" at the same time. Ying and Yang.

Just as the 19 seat aircraft were deemed financially obsolete in the past, the 50 seat lift is now in question. If you fly for an airline with 50 seats lift, your job/company is now in jeopardy. If your "future" in the next 3 years is in a 50 seat aircraft, think again. You have no future.

Mesa is shedding it's skin like the snake outfit it is and will prevail as a lean and mean entity. What is your airline doing to change?

The AZ Republic has run an expose on Mesa's woes. To me it reads like JO is putting the PR wheels into motion to put presure on US. Doubt it will work but it seems two things stand out: Having an Airways deal in place is a bigger concern to insiders than previously let on and JO might need concessions to get it, something that can still be forced in BK.

Wrong again, I am sorry that I have to be the one to correct you. But, Mesa gets to decide what leases to cancel (not the lessors) and Mesa has not cancelled any of the 900's or 700's. Upon exit they will be well positioned to enter into new leases for the aircraft they choose.

Nope, I'm sorry you still don't see the picture. You must have taken the "small bus" as a kid.

The AZ Republic has run an expose on Mesa's woes. To me it reads like JO is putting the PR wheels into motion to put presure on US. Doubt it will work but it seems two things stand out: Having an Airways deal in place is a bigger concern to insiders than previously let on and JO might need concessions to get it, something that can still be forced in BK.

Just read the article and sounds to me their new MEC is not JO friendly, any comments?

Just read the article and sounds to me their new MEC is not JO friendly, any comments?

Don't doubt the current MEC is not nearly as JO friendly as the last one, however if JO needs to low ball the price for US and thinks concessions are the way to get it, he could motion to throw out the contract in BK court.

Not saying the pilot group would support or like that move or talk of concessions, but JO does have the option of making a 'smooth' bankruptcy turn ugly fast.

Don't doubt the current MEC is not nearly as JO friendly as the last one, however if JO needs to low ball the price for US and thinks concessions are the way to get it, he could motion to throw out the contract in BK court.

Not saying the pilot group would support or like that move or talk of concessions, but JO does have the option of making a 'smooth' bankruptcy turn ugly fast.

Time will tell I will say, however if their CBA was assumed, can they go back and go after labor?

JO does not control anything, the creditors commitee does.

Time will tell I will say, however if their CBA was assumed, can they go back and go after labor?

Correct on the creditors commitee

Correct the creditors committee is in control and they have NOT assumed the contract. There has been absolutely no indication of any interest in doing so. I do not expect it will happen.

When the Majors went BK they screwed labor/hotels...
Now Mesa screwed GE/Raytheon/Embrarer etc...They are stuck with the 700/900's till the leases are up in which case someone else will get them. Ending Mesa.

I don't know what history you are reading but the largest creditors in all bankruptcies have been GE and the lessors. Labor and hotels were not material creditors at all.

Latest resources

Back