• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESA .08 Fri, .07 Mon, .06 Tues........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now that is funny. You might want to check your hearing. CAL wants nothing to do with Mesa. So wait and see what happens when the CAL/UAL merger happens. BYE BYE MESA

I hope this doesn't happen for your sake mr DHPFLYN! I'll end up moving into your living room.....

Now that is funny. You might want to check your hearing. CAL wants nothing to do with Mesa. So wait and see what happens when the CAL/UAL merger happens. BYE BYE MESA

We can only hope that anything over 50 seats goes "Bye Bye" after the merger and the contracts expire.

so I am hearing that Express Jet has lost their contract with United due to such poor perforamance out of Chicago. They may have to furlough pilots and FAs by the end of this year. Rumor on the street is that CHQ and Mesa are going to pick up the flying.

hhhmmm

Discuss

Would that be due to the fact the operate all 50 seaters out of to ********************ty ass hubs for a cluster of an partner? In case you didn't know, 50 seaters always get the short end of the stick with ORD and IAD UAX ops is a disaster in general.

I will point out that:

2. USAir and UAL CAN xc their agreements with MESA since MESA went into BK. To make money you must have a product that someone wants. 700/900 and if you were leasing airframes to MESA and they came to you in BK asking you to take less than you are currently paying, knowing there is someone in the wings willing to pay equal what you are currently getting, why would you agree to less? You wouldn't. No more 700/900 and since you have no more product you have no more flying with USAir or UAL. USAir would not loose the airframes the next person, hmmmm maybe Skywest INC, would step right in. St. George is not very far from PHX. UAL happy with MESA? Hmm actions speak louder than words in this business. And what happened to the 700s MESA was to fly for UAL?

I will agree with you on Republic. The only thing making money is their contract flying for mainlines. Their new ones are loosing money.

ExpressJet. Short term contracts with UAL. Very short. The wild card on this one is CAL & UAL getting together.

Absolutely wrong, neither UAL or US can cancel Mesa's contract because of BK. This was resolved long ago. You must not be paying attention.

Absolutely wrong, neither UAL or US can cancel Mesa's contract because of BK. This was resolved long ago. You must not be paying attention.

Look in the mirror. The statement was talking about having product... airplanes. If the Leasing companies do not want to reduce their lease rate for MESA they will take their airframes from MESA which means they, MESA, will not have aircraft to fly for UAL & US which means they, UAL & US, can XC their agreement since MESA cannot provide for them.

Would you like me to use crayons next time?

Look in the mirror. The statement was talking about having product... airplanes. If the Leasing companies do not want to reduce their lease rate for MESA they will take their airframes from MESA which means they, MESA, will not have aircraft to fly for UAL & US which means they, UAL & US, can XC their agreement since MESA cannot provide for them.

Would you like me to use crayons next time?

Wrong again, I am sorry that I have to be the one to correct you. But, Mesa gets to decide what leases to cancel (not the lessors) and Mesa has not cancelled any of the 900's or 700's. Upon exit they will be well positioned to enter into new leases for the aircraft they choose.

Wrong again, I am sorry that I have to be the one to correct you. But, Mesa gets to decide what leases to cancel (not the lessors) and Mesa has not cancelled any of the 900's or 700's. Upon exit they will be well positioned to enter into new leases for the aircraft they choose.

You really think anyone is going to lease aircraft to Mesa ever again?

You really think anyone is going to lease aircraft to Mesa ever again?
Not sure what you mean but Yes I do.

There have been over 85 airline bankruptcies, including Delta, Northwest, United, and Continental (twice) they don't seem to have any problems leasing . In fact, its probably easier to lease an aircraft after a BK? Also it doesn't matter, the 700's leases run through 2018 with UAL and the 900's through 2012 with Airways, and thats in the "do nothing" scenario.

Yes, I believe Mesa will survive and thrive post BK.

Not sure what you mean but Yes I do.

There have been over 85 airline bankruptcies, including Delta, Nortrhwest, United, and Continental (twice) they don't seem to have any problems leasing . In fact, its probably easier to lease an aircraft after a BK? Also it doesn't matter, the 700's leases run through 2018 with UAL and the 900's through 2012 with Airways, and thats in the "do nothing" scenario.

Yes, I believe Mesa will survive and thrive post BK.

When the Majors went BK they screwed labor/hotels...
Now Mesa screwed GE/Raytheon/Embrarer etc...They are stuck with the 700/900's till the leases are up in which case someone else will get them. Ending Mesa.

Can you feel the LUV?! Reading these comments is like watching a tennis match. Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth...... etc....etc.... and so on.

Latest resources

Back