• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Merry Xmas from Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As I said before, I've never favored unions. But now that I am faced with a choice to either quit, get fired if I'm perceived as stepping out of line, or organize; I'm beginning to see the worth. I'll be job hunting just in case we have enough ostriches that don't see the light. What's it take, 50%?

P180puke said:
Never one for a pro union stance, I have to say that here at avantair, we'll need one to protect not only our interests, but our jobs. Seems a well liked fellow pilot got canned recently for a "customer complaint". No details or proof was submitted. No written warning, no verbal, just "see ya". We have had guys flat out not show up for work and not get canned. IMO, instead of fixing their problems and looking at themselves for improvement, they're trying to spin damage control for the recent "expendature" there. It's very apparent that's what this is, the timing is too right and out of nowhere. How many more of us will get fired because management has a communist mindset?

sure hope i get one of those cards in the mail. If I don't how do you get one?[/quote

p180puke if you need a card i have a whole stack of them. PM if you care to- we'll take care of that. By the way the guy that got canned was a friend of mine. Spread the word that there were no customer complaints. That's been confirmed by scheduling and owner services. We all know what this is about.

Originally from a CAL Capt., adjusted to fit here...

I am an Army of One (or 2, or 100, ...)

I am an army of One - A Captain in avantair’s army.

For years I was a loyal soldier, now I fight my own war.

I used to feel valued and respected. Now I know I am mere fodder.

They used to exhibit leadership. Now they exploit legal loopholes.

They used to enjoy my maximum. Now they will suffer my minimum.

I am an army of One.

I used to save hundreds of pounds of fuel per leg; finding the best FL, getting direct routing, throttling back when on-time was made, skimping during ground ops, adjusting for winds, being smart and giving the company every effort I could conjure. Now, it's "burn baby, burn".

I used to call maintenance while airborne, so dispatch would be ready with an alternative. Now, they'll find the write-up when they look in the book.

I used to try to fix problems in the system, now I sit and watch as the miscues pile up.

I used to fly sick. Now I use my sick days –oh wait, we don’t have those-on short notice.

I am an army of One.

I used to let the price of fuel at some fbos affect my fuel orders. I still do.

I used to cover mistakes by operations. Now I watch them unfold.

I used to hustle to ensure an on-time arrival, to make us the best…. Now I’ll get there when I get there.

I used to call dispatch to head off ground delays for bad weather. Now I remain silent….number 35 in line for takeoff.

I am on a new mission - to demonstrate that misguided leadership of indifference and disrespect has a cost. It's about character, it's about leading by taking care of your people instead of leadership by bean counters (an oxymoron). With acts of omission, not commission, I am a one-man wrecking crew - an army of One. My mission used to be to make my company rich. Now it's to make them pay.

I am a walking nightmare to the bean counters that made me. Are you listening? This mercenary has a lot of years left in his career; how long can you afford to keep me bitter? I'm not looking for clauses in a contract, I'm looking for a culture of commitment and caring. When I see it, I'll be a soldier for you again. Until then, I am an Army of One...And I'm not alone!

Last edited:
P180puke said:
Never one for a pro union stance, I have to say that here at avantair, we'll need one to protect not only our interests, but our jobs. Seems a well liked fellow pilot got canned recently for a "customer complaint". No details or proof was submitted. No written warning, no verbal, just "see ya". We have had guys flat out not show up for work and not get canned. IMO, instead of fixing their problems and looking at themselves for improvement, they're trying to spin damage control for the recent "expendature" there. It's very apparent that's what this is, the timing is too right and out of nowhere. How many more of us will get fired because management has a communist mindset?

sure hope i get one of those cards in the mail. If I don't how do you get one?

Not the first time that someone has been pegged as a union supporter and then got the AX.

It sucks!!!
WP

I wonder how many of us will be fired for by the Dark Lord SS and his company henchmen before we actually get the union involved.

And on that note as a kind of hilarious turn of events my blackberry now shows an email from our HR guy. Here it is for everyones enjoyment.

Subject:Reminder

As a condition of employment, it is expected that no employee will make
derogatory or disparaging comments about the Company, it's employees,
owners, or customers.
Doing sowill not be tolerated, and will result in disciplinary action up to and
including termination.

Ken Siegel
Director, Human Resources

Hey I dont remember reading that in our employee manual! Oh yeah thats right we dont have one! For our leader being a lawyer you would think by now he would know that someone who is fired from Avantair could sue and easily win being terminated from a company with no employee manual. After all what is right and wrong? What is company policy?

Well it looks like the Dark Lord has fired another pilot from Avantair. This time a long time employee and all around good guy. I guess they are going to try to fire everyone in the hopes of "controlling" the pilots.

Keep it up Steve! All you are doing is making the push for a union stronger!

derogatory or disparaging comments

So they consider their own corporate info as derogatory and disparaging.

FRACTRASH said:
It sounds like you have a lot of good people their. CS is doing a lot of hiring, come join our team. Where you will be noticed and rewarded for your maximum. www.Citationshares.com

Unfortunately, the head of scheduling is best friends with barry (the hiring guy at cs). So in classic avantair strongarm tactics, they've managed to close that door to try and keep pilots around.

Well then common to NJ.

Yes we have a union. Duh

Latest resources

Back