• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Merry Christmas Swa Poolies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:D This Must Be LUV... Missed the call on the way to my day job. Iam #19 on the unofficial list. Cant wait till Monday AM, got the speed dial ready. It will be nice to be Feet Dry.

See you in KDAL.

Congrats

Congrats to all the folks who have been called & to those still waiting for the 12 Jan class. Everyone is excited about the prospect of having new folks arrive on property. For these folks Christmas will be a special time & I know all of you will have a lot to celebrate & be thankful for.

For those waiting for the "next" call, hang in there & continue to keep your nose clean. There is no one that can keep you from coming to SWA now except for yourself...don't take yourself out of the gene pool by doing something you might regret later....it has happened unfortunately so I just say this is a reminder, you've all worked hard to get here so hang in there. It has been a difficult road for all the poolies but realize what a GREAT situation you are in (as all of you do I'm sure) & the time is much nearer to you coming on line. We'll look forward to seeing ALL of you on the line soon & will have a great time at your new hire party!!! Happy Thanksgiving to all & God's speed to our service members who are defending our country. We're forever in your debt.

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL WHO GET THE CALL!!!!!!!!!

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!

Flyin'

Happy Holidays!

Congratulations to the poolies who have stuck it out while tredding in the SWA pilot pool and finally got the call! It is a great feeling to see some movement right around the holidays (I was in the same boat last year... got in on the Feb 17, 2003 class.) What a great way to spend the next few weeks!

For those of you who are not in the first class of 2004, hang in there. Things will move quicker than you know it (just think, there's only one more month to do your Christmas shopping) and then it's the new year... and the calls really start coming! Same thing happened last year.

Nevermind naysayers who sometimes post "the sky is falling." The same negative posts that had everyone wound up a few weeks ago were posted in the Fall of 2002. Dire warnings of "no new classes for all of 2003" were tossed around... needless to say it got us all worked up then, and it got everyone worked up last month. And now the calls are going out. Imagine that. :rolleyes:

Anyway, enjoy the holidays, be safe, have someone sober do the driving, come to Dallas, get trained, and get on that seniority list... I need some more below me in PHX!! Finally, welcome aboard. I have a sneaky suspicion you're really going to enjoy yourselves. :cool:

Last edited:
Congratulations to all poolies. Sounds like all of you will be at SWA before the 1st half of 04. I want to make it in 05. Coopdog you are almost there hang in there.

Yeah Merry Christmas and happy holidays to the Southwest Pilots and flight attendents...the only Southwest employee groups that don't receive holiday pay!! I was shocked when I just read a news article about it. Can you feel the luv?

And all the best to the SWA flight attendents in their contract negotiations. A company that has not posted a quarterly loss in over 10 years and all they can muster is $14000 a year for their FA's to start and $24000 average.

Oh, and not to be all negative, I am pleased that many of you are excited to finally be getting with SWA, I truly hope it lives up to all expections.

Congrats to all the poolies who have already got the call and to all of you who are going to be getting it soon. Everybody have a very safe and happy Turkey Day!!!

See Yaaaaaaaaa

OAK

Hey pipejockey..whats your angle?

SWA sucks, don't apply here. Most of us are here...just waiting for the real major airlines to start hiring again. I'm gone the minute that NWA, AA or UAL open up their application windows.

He's pole smoker:eek:

Best of luck gettin to 801 hours since your not flyin the holidays. Or maybe your getting that holiday bonus? :(

Latest resources

Back