Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays Announcement to Pax

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pookie said:
I dont accept any form of gift that celebrates xmas. If people want to offer me something, i tell them to donate it to a worthy cause instead. Isnt it wierd that christians symbolize xmas with sales and gifts and not by praying to their "saviour."

I was gonna say go fukk yourself but since its Christmas time Merry Christmas

Last edited:
Who gives a crap, no one listens anyways. I'd rather not listen to it either. I lose a set of eyes looking at other gates for hotties boarding other airplanes.

pookie said:
I dont accept any form of gift that celebrates xmas. If people want to offer me something, i tell them to donate it to a worthy cause instead. Isnt it wierd that christians symbolize xmas with sales and gifts and not by praying to their "saviour."

You seem uninformed pookie. Christians 'symbolize' (celebrate) Christmas with gifts to others and believe it has religious significance because (1) The wise men brought precious gifts (gold, myrr, frankensince) to give to the newborn baby from afar, (2) We (Christians that is) consider the promised and prophesied birth of the baby Jesus, Father Joseph and Mother Mary of Nazareth, to be the best GIFT ever given anywhere, and given the almighty God of the Universe, no doubt.

Merry Christmas Xmas gift givers!

capt. megadeth said:
Oh yes....I have seen more church going bible thumping hippocrites in my life than I care to think about.

Ah, but what better place for a hyppocrite to be than in church! Jesus asked once "Does a Doctor treat those who are sick, or those who are well?"

Just because you attend church doesn't mean you are without sin, and that goes for everyone, in varying degrees. Here's a bumper sticker you've seen (I know it's trite but true): "Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven".

I do admit though, persons who say they are or appear to be Christians yet lead 'two different lives' tend to be unworthy witnesses of a powerful faith.

Merry Christmas

You can't make everyone happy, but you can try. I must say that Happy Holidays offends me cause I don't celebrate holidays, I celebrate Christmas!! I say Merry Christmas to everyone I can if they don't share the same faith then they should tell me at that point and I will wish them a happy holiday.
Last year during the Christmas season I made the announcement "Happy Hanukah, Happy Kwanza, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and if you don't celebrate any of these Happy Sparkle season!" The Pittsburgh Post Gazette called it sparkle season many years ago to be PC. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE OUT THERE FLYING!!

From my local paper today...

Skaff said:
I too will say Merry Christmas. Kwanzaa begins on the 26th. On that day, I will say Happy Kwanzaa.

Kwanzaa "is a fabrication of Ron Karenga, a violent ex-con and Marxist black separatist who, in 1966, pulled the holiday out of thin air bacause he thought Christmas was too white...They never heard of Kwanzaa in Africa."

Just thought it was interesting info.

This whole "Merry Christmas" vs. "Happy Holidays" crap started when the right-wing moral fascists blasted the Bush White House for sending out Christmas cards saying "Happy Holidays". (Almost sounds like another twisted episode of 'South Park'.)

People have been saying either phrase for longer than anyone on this board has been alive; often alternating one or the other. It wasn't an issue until some nutjob media azzhole(s) made it one.

I am amazed that I am still amazed that so many so-called Christians still can't get the spirit of the season.

I'm more than happy to celebrate Winter Solstice; Christmas or whatever you want to call it. It's been around much longer than Christianity, Buddhism, Islam or even the Roman god Saturn.

Merry Christmas!

C

Latest resources

Back