Merill Lynch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's a Jet Aviation managed account out of Teb

Yes, they are Jet employees. All the big brokerage houses Lehman, Morgan, Merill, hide their flt ops at mgt companies like Jet.

Last edited:
G4G5 said:
Yes, they are Jet employees. All the big brokerage houses Lehman, Morgan, Merill, hide their flt ops at mgt companies like Jet.

Which "Morgan" are you referring to - JPMorgan Chase or Morgan Stanley? Also, Lehman is not hiding their planes with a management company, they choose to have the aircraft managed for tax savings. Has nothing to do with "hiding" the birds.

PMVULB AvMgr said:
Which "Morgan" are you referring to - JPMorgan Chase or Morgan Stanley? Also, Lehman is not hiding their planes with a management company, they choose to have the aircraft managed for tax savings. Has nothing to do with "hiding" the birds.

I think G4G5 was just using an expression when he referred to it as hiding. Kinda touhcie on that one pal?
BTW I'm a mental midget, what the heck does PMVULB stand for?? Been wondering that for a while now.

By hiding what I was referring to was a registration search
http://162.58.35.241/acdatabase/NNum_inquiry.asp

If I do a search on N1LB, Lehman Brothers in not listed as the owner. The FAA also has a section "By Other owner names" again nothing is listed. If you do a search under the RVSM data the management companies name comes up, not the owner. Maybe I am wrong but it appears to me that they don't want the actual ownership listed. Merril and Morgan Stanley do the same things, that's what I was referring to as hiding. To my knowledge none of the above listed companies actually have pilots on the payroll. The flight crews all work for management companies. This is also what I was referring to when I used the term hiding

Morgan Stanley closed up their Chicago flt ops last month and moved it over to a Jet managed account out HPN, but my guess is you knew that already.

Have a nice day

Last edited:
semperfido said:
uh..i am guessing phillip morris blah blah :)
Yeah that part my pickled brain could WAG at. It was the VULB I was missing.

"Hiding" airplanes as you put it is actually quite common for many people/entities. You'll find everything from 172s to 757s on the registry with obscure registered owners with addresses at some Delaware attorney's office.

The reasons are many, with liability being one of the biggies. If a judgement is made against the company, the airplane can't be used in the settlement and vice versa. I'm sure there are tax reasons as well.

Also, some public companies don't want shareholders knowing about their aircraft because they may be viewed as frivolous luxuries.

Latest resources

Back