• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Merger Mania...is it over?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think USAir merging with anyone is very realistic. Reason? They bring, courtesy of USAPA, huge legal liabilities that won't be settled anytime soon. In addition that can't be merged into any other ALPA carrier without even more legal problems that would never end.
No healthy airline could get a USAir merger to be accepted by their Board of Directors, it would not be in any stockholders best interest to jump into that mess.

Why people think B6/Frontier is a good merger is beyond me. Why would B6 want to merge with a company who main operation is in a 3 way with united and swa? For its MKE hub that is also getting crushed by SWA? For the planes? That doesnt make sense.

Why people think B6/Frontier is a good merger is beyond me. Why would B6 want to merge with a company who main operation is in a 3 way with united and swa? For its MKE hub that is also getting crushed by SWA? For the planes? That doesnt make sense.

First North American delivery of a NEO for the price of a Bombardier might be attractive to JetBlue or Spirit or Virgin.

Spirit or Virgin make smore sense than JB, although the investment in Frontier will probably come from P.E. rather than another airline.

One an always hope..... but I am mentally preparing to get raped by TPG or Perseaus in an asset sale as soon as the shareholders recoup their losses.

Virgin is not going to merge with anyone until after an IPO, which is probably 3 years away.

How 'about AW/US giving up and going their separate ways? An 'unmerger' if you will.

How 'about AW/US giving up and going their separate ways? An 'unmerger' if you will.

There ya go, thats more likely than anything else!

Then maybe a AW/Frontier merger followed by USAir East/Spirit.

Latest resources

Back