Memphis Aug. 2-3

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
satpak77 said:
so can we say with reasonable accuracy that the "9000" number is unrealistic?

I have no idea. That number came from the FDX ALPA reps that do the indoctrination, er, introduction to all the new hires.

Does that 9000 include all of us on the list now, or the Irish replacements???

satpak77 said:
so can we say with reasonable accuracy that the "9000" number is unrealistic?

Yes. The rumor du jour during the '01-'02 time frame was "7000 in '07". That's not going to happen, obviously.

However, I would like to think the ALPA dudes have a clue as to what's going on, but I haven't seen 1000 guys a year going through yet.

WorldOnTime said:
KD called today!! Woohoo! Will be there on 8/2-3. Anyone else? Am getting in touch with Albie as we speak. Good luck to everyone else.

OK, the jury is out. Got back from Memphis Wed. night. Currently throwing rocks at any Fedex truck that rolls through the neighborhood!!

VaB said:
Yes. The rumor du jour during the '01-'02 time frame was "7000 in '07". That's not going to happen, obviously.

However, I would like to think the ALPA dudes have a clue as to what's going on, but I haven't seen 1000 guys a year going through yet.
Must be true, because the Electronic Flight Bag will be fully installed and operational in the spring of 2005... .
Hmmmmmm, it sure is hot outside this spring. . . .

Just curious, what is the current timeframe from your initial ACP "meet 'n greet" to getting the call? I have heard it is starting to get pretty backed up over there....

Thanks!!

Latest word on the line is that guys are waiting anywhere from 3-9 months to get a call for interview. Also it seems like its 50/50 whether you even get a call from the guys that I have spoken to.

XJguy said:
Just curious, what is the current timeframe from your initial ACP "meet 'n greet" to getting the call? I have heard it is starting to get pretty backed up over there....

Thanks!!

Mine was about 2 months, but I was fortunate and didn't go through the Memphis guys- I went through Anchorage. I think Memphis is getting pretty backed up.

World,
I interviewed 3/4 Aug. I'm interested to know when you hear something as I shouldn't be too far behind. Best of luck.
Okie

Okie said:
World,
I interviewed 3/4 Aug. I'm interested to know when you hear something as I shouldn't be too far behind. Best of luck.
Okie

Good luck, I'll let you know. Hopefully not in the next couple of days!
:D

Latest resources

Back