• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Meet The Delta Family...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have had them on the JS. As always I am very impressed with RA.

You won't be impressed for long... Get back to me when RA and Steenland run the company right back into BK and walk hand-in-hand into the sunset-tens of millions richer.....

-BTW-How ARE those Intl routes doing lately?
-Hmmmm

what are the numbers with the amounts from vested option/share sales backed out. (i.e. Jim Whitehurst left delta and was contractually required to sell his options and vested stock within one year of leaving)

Your just an F.O. You have no say who rides up front. Learn your place

As a member of the crew, I'm pretty sure the F.O. has a say in who rides up front. Maybe the F.O. doesn't have the final authority, but he can give his input. If an F.O. truly had a prob with a jumpseater, I think the captain would acquiesce. It's called CRM--learn about it.

If an F.O. truly had a prob with a jumpseater, I think the captain would acquiesce. It's called CRM--learn about it.

I predict you're going to learn about it, Grasshopper.

Last edited:
Your just an F.O. You have no say who rides up front. Learn your place

Actually that's not true. ALPA admin manual Sec. 115 says that only people BOTH pilots are entirely comfortable with should be given the jumpseat. F/Os should speak up if they are uncomfortable with any jumpseater.

So if your F.O. says to you..."I dont like our C.E.O. because he is a tool, I dont think we should let him ride up front with us on HIS airline" you would respect your F.O.'s personal reasons in this situation?

Thats dumb and not using good judgement.

That is what we are talking about here. Not just another pilot to pilot arguement.....but a pilot to CEO arguement.

I am just calling out the pinnaco fo who thinks he has any authority in the cockpit. what a tool..yes you pinnaco fo with the avatar of PT in a clown suit. You have not ben ther long nough to have an opinion.

So if your F.O. says to you..."I dont like our C.E.O. because he is a tool, I dont think we should let him ride up front with us on HIS airline" you would respect your F.O.'s personal reasons in this situation?

Should I ghetto-ize my answer to your post, or keep it legible?

An FO can throw a penalty flag any time, and if I am the captain, I will listen to every word. THAT is CRM- not acquiescence, not rule of one, but getting information.

Real scenario: AA guy wants to jump to YYZ. FO says he had a problem with it, because our airline can't go Int'l on their seats. Only the commuting FO would know this, not the FDH Cappy (wasn't me) who lives 8 minutes from base.

The guy was denied- and was extremely professional about it.

Latest resources

Back