Meet The Delta Family...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BigMotorToter

I received the below in an email. Is this true?
---------------------------------------------------

MEET THE DELTA FAMILY
CORPORATE GREED THREATENS TO DESTROY A ONCE PROUD AIRLINE

2006 Compensation for OLD Delta Family

Gerald Grinstein - Chief Executive Officer - $343,402
James M. Whitehurst - Chief Operating Officer - $417,370
Edward H. Bastian - Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer - $443,369
Glen W. Hauenstein - Executive Vice President, Network Planning and Revenue Management - $388,882
Joseph C. Kolshak - Executive Vice President, Operations - $386,675
Paul G. Matsen - Formerly Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer - $549,894

2007 Compensation for NEW Delta Family

Richard H. Anderson - Chief Executive Officer - $11,296,759
Edward H. Bastian - President and Chief Financial Officer - $10,298,340
Michael H.. Campbell - Executive Vice President, HR, Labor and Communications - $6,380,261
Glen W. Hauenstein - Executive Vice President, Network Planning and Revenue Management - $7,333,300
Lee A. Macenczak - Executive Vice President, Sales and Marketing - $5,939,836
Gerald Grinstein - Retired Chief=2 0Executive Officer - $357,941
James M. Whitehurst - Former Chief Operating Of ficer - $15,451,426

Top executives who got paid six figures instead of seven or eight. A CEO who was concerned about an airline built by thousands of dedicated employees. Concern about employees, passengers and share holders. Sounds good, doesn’t it? Those days are gone. The executive compensation figures shown above prove that the Delta DNA has been changed forever.Tolerance for this kind of compensation is wearing thin throughout the United States. Congress is mandating that executives who take advantage of federal bailout money have to limit their compensation. Delta executives who have taken money from employees in bankruptcy should be doing the same. These are the leaders that want to have a “direct relationship” with you.

If you really want to compare use the Leo era executive compensation.

Hate to say it, but this is not that bad.

It looks like the 2006 is the base salaries of those guys while the 2007 is total compensation.

Exactly. Now that you are a pilot for DAL they will never let you near the money side of things no matter how qualified you are.

I agree, but 1113C had a huge effect on that. Get that back and this just became a decent career again.

I dunno. I cannot imagine the sleepless nights and the hours those guys had to put in to merge the two companies. I sure wouldn't do it for 300k....

Maybe we should have a walk in my shoes day. Execs ride jumpseat and pilots follow around the execs.

Latest resources

Back