Meet The Delta Family...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is actually funny.

RA actually have a very good grasp on our procedures and policies. He worked on the PRM approach procedures and a few other major programs when he was a NWA. He is not just some leader that does not know any of the skills, etc that go with your flying profession.
He even razzed the CA for no updating his heading bug. After that, I figured he read our manuals for a little light after dinner reading.

Yep-and after that he BLEW MY DOG!

-Gee thanks-What a guy!

Gen Lee got to take a well-earned night off.....

Last edited:
Two Rednecks sitting on the porch one afternoon. One observes that the other's dog is licking itself and observes, "hah hah, I wish I could do that."

The other Redneck says, "that dog will bite you."

Your just an F.O. You have no say who rides up front. Learn your place

"Learn your place" Wow. Are you a Captain? Is this the type of CRM you display in the cockpit?

So if your F.O. says to you..."I dont like our C.E.O. because he is a tool, I dont think we should let him ride up front with us on HIS airline" you would respect your F.O.'s personal reasons in this situation?

Thats dumb and not using good judgement.

That is what we are talking about here. Not just another pilot to pilot arguement.....but a pilot to CEO arguement.

PT won't be riding up front. We don't have ballast, we're too nose heavy. Sorry PT!

*wink *wink*

PT not riding in the cockpit, due to *ahem*, lack of balast, at the very least brings a problem to his attention. I can't count how many times we've denied jumpseaters because we're too nose heavy and don't have enough balast. You speak of PT as a "boss" and "CEO" but he doesn't have any qualities of an effective boss/CEO. He tanked one airline before coming to Pinnacle, and if things continue the way are, he WILL tank this one too. Just look at the recent management decisions that he has approved, and how much money we've lost (in things like auction rate securities). You're sadly mistakened if you think he is doing any good for us.

I am just calling out the pinnaco fo who thinks he has any authority in the cockpit. what a tool..yes you pinnaco fo with the avatar of PT in a clown suit. You have not ben ther long nough to have an opinion.
Learn my place? Said the guy with the Beech 1900 and CRJ in his profile, with 3,500 hours?

That's just what I need... an ex-Gulfstream Academy guy telling me I haven't been here long enough to have an opinion.

Talk to me again when you aren't pis$ed and have paid off your Gulfstream loans...

Last edited:
You caught me. I'm no longer captain. But since your opinion is meaningless to me (and most other people forced to hear you) I'm going to leave it as it is in my profile.
Wondered where you disappeared to, finished probation before you came back to posting on FI? ;)

Seriously though, congrats on Delta. But I gotta ask... do you mind it less or even more now that you find the Captains staring at your boobs in turbulence?

(That signature line always makes me laugh). :)

The one that you need to worry about is not RA, but the gentleman from Ford and Harris.
RA is a lawyer and a business man. Forget that and you will be reminded quite quickly. My point was that he is more in tune to the operations side than most "money" type CEO's.

I am a strong believer that to have a truly successful company it needs to be run by an "Operations" type person. With the greed of the money men as of late, we may get to see that in our time here. Look at all of the truly successful companies. Operations type people are at the helm.

ACL- I completely agree with your assessment of those with a background, or knowledge, of line operations. You can't deny they seem to make a better CEO. After all, how can you run a business you know nothing about. It's numbers to a point, but you have to break it down to where the "metal meets the meat", so to speak. Actually, Gordon Bethune used to make it a point to obtain a type rating in one of everything that Piedmont (the real Piedmont) operated, back when he was there and got his start.

R.A. may be much respected, but Mr. "Ford and Harrison" isn't there to boost the morale of labor. He may be your true nemesis, but he also answers to R.A. Simply put, Delta did it right, to a point. After their business overhaul and bankruptcy exit, most exects were shown the door, or moved on so that fresh blood could be brought in. At NW, the same people that helped drive the company into bankruptcy stayed on board after it's emergence. I can't see how this is possitive in any way. Frankly, Delta ought to oust the stayle NW leftovers........

Ask the NWA folks what they think of RA. For a group that has had "difficult at best" relations with management, he gets good marks. That should tell you something right there.

As for the corporate takeover. That is business 101. They do it everywhere. Look past the way the mouths are moving and watch their feet and shoulders. That tells you what they are really thinking and doing.

Ask the NWA folks what they think of RA. For a group that has had "difficult at best" relations with management, he gets good marks. That should tell you something right there.

"Slick" is a real charmer, knows your name, your birthday, and probably your wife's as well. Very well informed and articulate and has a true vision for a world class airline.

That vision does not include you or I as pilots. Several former LEC Chairman believed his long term goal was to outsource everything in the domestic system.

The charm is a tool to get you off guard, and it has obviously worked well at DALPA. Put your arm around em', give em' a firm handshake, speak their language, make em' feel important and a vital part of the team.

Better keep your other hand on your nuts to make sure they are still there.

The worst mistake we have made as an association are when we believe we are part of managing the company.

The DCI's are good for the company, therefore the DAL pilots comments frighten the @#$ out of me.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back