• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Meet & Greet question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kind of my point. The m&g is as much about figuring out how well the sponsor knows the applicant as well as determining the quals of the applicant. If it goes well, there should be some kind of informal, non-specific info provided to the sponsor about whether or not the app can possibly expect a call for an interview down the road or not. I think the only way to know for sure would be for the sponsor to actively pursue the cause with the ACP or KD and find out.

I think its almost a given that if you have the mins and the contacts to get a meet and greet that it is just a matter of time (perhaps a long time, as has been mentioned) before you get a call for an interview.

Just my thoughts, worth what you paid for them. Maybe not even that.

FJ

Is the m & g an absolute requirement for getting an interview? Or, do some interview invites go out to those who do nothing more than send in an app?

Thanks

New Meet and Greets

Has anyone heard anything specific about when they are going to open up the meet and greet window? Last I've heard is Feb....

:-) said:
Is the m & g an absolute requirement for getting an interview? Or, do some interview invites go out to those who do nothing more than send in an app?

Thanks

Officially, I would say yes. Not the applicant necessarily, but the sponsor needs to get in there and talk to an ACP or other manager. The applicant does not have to come to MEM or ANC or LAX for the m&g. It is certainly encouraged, but not required. But somebody needs to see one of the ACPs on the applicant's behalf.

Unofficially, I have no doubt that folks with the right connection can bypass the actual meet and greet and get called for an interview. I have nothing to base that on other than my own opinion, nothing factual. There are always exceptions to every rule.

FJ

M&G in April...."chirp, chirp" so far.

Going for a meet and greet with all 3 guys there really says a lot. The ACP's know what an effort it took by you and your sponsor to all come down there at the same time. As for finding out if you "passed" the meet and greet, just ask your sponsor to stop in on his ACP. I stopped by the other day for my applicant and my ACP said he is running about 6 months from m&g to getting a phone call so be patient. He also pulled out a list and let me know that my guy is in the good pile and that it is just a matter of time for him!
Each ACP is on a slightly different delay depending on how many guys came to see them, so it could be longer if more guys came to see that ACP. If you haven't heard anything since April, it is time for your sponsor to stop by and say hello to his ACP.
Hope that helps and good luck.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back