Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rk772

Here we go STEELERS!!
I realize it takes a while to get called for an interview after a meet and greet, but how do you know if your not selected for an interview. Do they send you a thank's but no thank's FedEx.

you will get a call from fedex...3 to 6 months usually....a buddy took 3 months and just interviewed..

CaptainMark said:
you will get a call from fedex...3 to 6 months usually....a buddy took 3 months and just interviewed..

My main question was do they notify you if they decide not to interview you?

rk772...to be honest..i am not sure..but all the guys i know got called after the meet and greet...not sure though..sorry.

I haven't done a meet and greet since they formalized the process. The impression I get from hearing about them, however, is that your sponsor will get a warm and fuzzy from the m&g and you will kind of figure you are in the "to be called" stack. If you don't get the warm and fuzzy maybe they let the sponsor know that it may take some more time. That is just a SWAG.

I wonder if anybody out there has any first hand experience with this. If you get real crazy after several months you could risk giving KD a call, but I would let the sponsor handle that if I were you.

FJ

I think your sponsor could call or send an email to the ACP after the meet and greet and check on your status. If you are not going to be interviewed I think they will tell your sponsor and possibly tell them what you need to do to be more competitive. I went through this process about a year ago and my sponsor made several phone calls to check on my status, and talked to the chief pilot while he was having lunch at the AOC about me. The persistance of my buddy paid off for me.

They definately do NOT tell you if the meet n greet was unsuccessful.

I'm not sure how often this situation has happened, but I know FedEX does not send out any letter saying "Thank you for meeting us but sorry we have decided etc...."

However, be patient. It can take a long time to get called. After I did my meet n greet, it took eight months to get called for the interview.

So again, be patient. As long as its been under a year since your meet n greet, I think you still have a shot.

They definately do NOT tell you if the meet n greet was unsuccessful.

I'm not sure how often this situation has happened, but I know FedEX does not send out any letter saying "Thank you for meeting us but sorry we have decided etc...."

Obviously they don't send out a letter but your sponsor can get information for you, depending on if he is willing to do it.

Did you guys wear a single breasted or double breasted suit to the meet and greet. Thanks for all your help!

Latest resources

Back