• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Medical fails may climb

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unhappiness is a motivator. It forces you to strive for something better. Sad when someone decides to simply settle.
Got exactly what I expected:p

All any of us have in life is time. That's it. Money comes and it goes. Take your turn at what you do in life and pass it on. Don't hoard away. I know you say you love your life Yip, and that's great, but I promise you're a lot less entertaining than you think. All life's endeavors are better off when they evolve. Aviation industry in our Country is unhealthy because we have backlog of workers like yourself, who are too sure the we all need to hear you talk and watch you work.
What are you talking about?

Unhappiness is a motivator. It forces you to strive for something better. Sad when someone decides to simply settle.

I don't want to disagree too much with you pcl-
But I compartmentalize it. I'm not unhappy on the journey- but 'striving is better than arriving'. Unrealized potential is not a way to live and will eat your soul. But one of the keys to happiness is to be grateful for where you are right now.

"Unhappiness is a motivator" is ALPA's fatal flaw.

The alpa organizer I used to deal with used to say all the time: "angry pilots are active pilots.- happy pilots are apathetic pilots. You've got to make your pilots more angry."

Every belief has elements of truth- but do I need to explain the apparent issues with that?

wave, we rarely agree. This is no exception.

Word P.
Back to the thread, you write your congressman yet Bring?

I agree with this. I don't like the word unhappiness, I would choose another.

I'm sure a lot of you played sports, right? Team sports? You know, where you have to rely on the player next to you, they rely on you? You have to be predictable, there is a desired, shared mental outcome and goal. "Expect nothing" is not something I remember from a pre game speach. IMO "expect nothing" is a character flaw. It's some kind of weird guilt thing. Cut the gig, get what you've earned, and get out. If you want more than everybody else gets then YOU DO MORE!

I agree with this. I don't like the word unhappiness, I would choose another. "Expect nothing" is not something I remember from a pre game speach. IMO "expect nothing" is a character flaw.
That is because you had things under your control in a football game there you couild make a difference. You don't write the highest test score every seen in Navigator School, Graduate first in your class from Naval Pilot Training, or qualify as OOD (U) on a Nuclear Aircraft Carrier in six months wwithout a certain level of drive. In those cases you have control over an outcome. The "Expect Nothing" applies to something like a union contract that only has 8 days off per month that is not up for another 5 years. You are not happy about the 8 days but there is nothing you can do about it. So why be unhappy about something you have no control over? Be happy for what you have, life is so smiple that way.

I hear guys like you say that, but the behavior is something different. I'm sick of pilots my age keeping the promises that guys like you made and wouldn't keep. You might also say: plan for the worst, hope for the best, instead of "expect nothing". I knew not to plan on a pension, my Dad lost one. I hoped for one, but made a plan that didn't include it. Well, when the old MFers lost their pensions, they installed an unscrupulous union leader who blackmailed the majority and changed the retirement age. (Expect nothing my ass! Thousands of younger workers were furloughed so they could get some money back) And you were right their cheering them on. So forgive my attitude but you're "expect nothing" creedo doesn't match what you support.

Last edited:
I hear guys like you say that, but the behavior is something different. I'm sick of pilots my age keeping the promises that guys like you made and wouldn't keep.
And what promises would those be?

Latest resources

Back