Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mediator calls UPS, Pilots to D.C. for talks.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Baby Cakes said:
Delta and Northwest pilots are about to take a 20-25% pay hit on top of what they've already shouldered. What incentive does UPS have to pay you a big raise?

Um, maybe the fact they make 4 billion a year in profit....hello?!?!?!?!

Baby Cakes said:
Delta and Northwest pilots are about to take a 20-25% pay hit on top of what they've already shouldered. What incentive does UPS have to pay you a big raise?

Because they can. That statement is not meant to be arrogant, but truthful. The company is extremely profitable and can afford to offer the pilot group a sizeable raise. Furthermore, it is time to start raising the bar once again. Instead of airline management showing the labor groups how much of a paycut Brand X just took, it is time for labor to show airline management how much of a raise someone else is getting and begin to move the bar upwards once again.

If somebody wants to make an argument for wages and concessions, you are barking up the wrong tree by trying to argue that everyone should take paycuts even at profitable companies. Instead, you should focus your attention on why so many people are willing to fly jets at incredibly low wages on routes that compete against what the legacy carriers used to fly. Instead of telling us box-heads that we should take a pay cut, tell the pilots at your competitors to start demanding pay increases.

i am not an "airline" pilot. i am a pilot employed by a transportation company to move boxes from point to point. simply a cargo pilot-nothing more nothing less.

(if i were an "airline" pilot-first thing i would do is get an ipod, let my hair grow out--shaggy-doo style, get my college back-pack out of storage and work on my smile--"why yes, i AM the pilot")

johnny
live from Louisville Metro lockup

A couple of responses:

Posted by Pension "But it's not FAIR for you guys to get a raise when the "real" airline pilots are having to take cuts. It's just not FAIR!"

Sucks to be a "Real Airline Pilot"

"Just wait till the LCC's invade the cargo side!"

How much crap can you get into a RJ or a 737??? What is there Max range? Come again, I didnt hear your? Do you think you can you get to China or India in one of those A/C...

BIGBROWNDC8 said:
A couple of responses:

Posted by Pension "But it's not FAIR for you guys to get a raise when the "real" airline pilots are having to take cuts. It's just not FAIR!"

Sucks to be a "Real Airline Pilot"

"Just wait till the LCC's invade the cargo side!"

How much crap can you get into a RJ or a 737??? What is there Max range? Come again, I didnt hear your? Do you think you can you get to China or India in one of those A/C...

No, but they will fly a 747 a whole lot cheaper than you will!

ihaveapension"

you're purdy--ever spent time in lockup?

johnny
live from the rock and roll hall of fame

IHaveAPension said:
No, but they will fly a 747 a whole lot cheaper than you will!

B-727/MD-11 ex mil? Must be FDX, but who's friggin side are you on?? Suspend your current economic/realist beliefs and get with the program.

My negotiating committee speaks for me.

Flamebait guys, flamebait.

Hey Johnny, you need to do a show down Dixie Highway sometime, there's Camaros and Busch Light to be had by all!

Latest resources

Back