meaning of interview at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

igneousy2

How likely are you to get hired at NetJets if you interview.

At some airlines, once you get an interview...they have pretty much made up there mind to hire you and the job is yours to lose... i.e. Continental and Alaska's 2nd interview.

At some airlines the interview is a right of passage that weeds out the weak and only a small percentage make it through....i.e. FedEx

Any thoughts as it relates to NetJets?

Later

How likely are you to get hired at NetJets if you interview.

At some airlines, once you get an interview...they have pretty much made up there mind to hire you and the job is yours to lose... i.e. Continental and Alaska's 2nd interview.

At some airlines the interview is a right of passage that weeds out the weak and only a small percentage make it through....i.e. FedEx

Any thoughts as it relates to NetJets?

Later

If you are invited to an interview at NJA, they want to hire you. The sim check is to make sure that you have basic instrument flying and CRM skills. The HR/Capt interview is to make sure you're not some mouth breathing, studdering troglodyte, with no social skills. The job is truely yours to lose.

Its the best interview I ever had with any place resembling an airline. Strraight forward ... No BS good cop bad cop routine. No BS Frasca sim... etc..

There are a lot of good things about this company and the interview process is one of them.

Ever been at an interview and wanted to walk out or choke the interviewer? Well not this interview.

Last edited:
I completely agree with the previous responses. Of all the interviews I've had in either the flying or the engineering world, I think that my experience at NetJets was the most relaxed and enjoyable interview I've ever had.

With that said, do make sure that you prepare and that you present yourself well. I know of one person who came here for an interview who really wasn't all that interested in the job, despite having an internal recommendation. He was turned down because his indifferent attitude showed through to Derinda. Also, with regards to the sim, remember that CRM is a big area of evaluation for interviewees: if one guy fails (enters the hold incorrectly, for instance), usually the partner fails, too.

I agree too!

I just did it a couple of months ago. Just be yourself, try to be humble(asking a lot from some pilots), get some raw data hand flown IFR practice, don't make a fool of yourself and your in.

"They only call (email) the people they want to hire." a quote from my interviewer.

Good Luck

All that said, it's not a sure thing by any means. I had a couple of friends interview there, and got turned down. Still not sure why; both were really good people. And yet they hired me. It doesn't make any sense...:0

Have to disagree on the Fedex interview. The job is yours as long as you don't dork the sim or piss off an interviewer. The last I heard the pass rate was over 80%.

Out of my interview group, about 2/3 got the job. I was not one of them. They were all very nice though and I did enjoy the process. I only wish I would have made the cut. The job is NOT yours to lose, but yours to EARN. I tried but fell short (probably in the sim, but they do not tell you - I asked). The good news is that you can reapply in 6 months and they will only make you repeat the part that you were found deficient on (Per Derinda). I still have about 2 more months to wait. Good Luck!

The sim check is to make sure that you have basic instrument flying and CRM skills. The HR/Capt interview is to make sure you're not some mouth breathing, studdering troglodyte, with no social skills. The job is truely yours to lose.

I respectfully disagree. I suspect this perception is skewed because people who were successful in the interview are more likely to chime in when asked about the experience.

When I interviewed (a few months ago) only a handful of the applicants were selected. Of the group of rejects, I didn't notice any mouth-breathers among them. In fact, some of the decisions really surprised me.

For my part, I didn't "screw up" the panel interview. In retrospect, I could have done things better, but I didn't pass gas or use racial epithets. Likewise, in the sim ride, my sim partner and I both felt like we had done well, and we were both rejected.

Bottom line - it is not a gimme. I'm sure NetJets hires a larger percentage of interviewees than Southwest (and they even hired CA1900) but it is by no means a sure thing.

Nixon

I am just trying to put applicants at ease. It serves no purpose to get all wound up before you even go to an interivew. I did several recent interviews before Netjets. I got hired at a couple and turned down from a couple.

When I made it to NetJets I had practice controling my fear and anxiety which I know helped. My point is relax, give your best performance in the sim, don't talk just to talk about yourself, and hope. If the stars don't line up, if you screw the pooch, or you're a complete tool, you don't get hired. That's the same no matter where you go. However, the percentage overall is way better than 50%. I may be wrong, but I think most NJA pilots will agree.

By the way in my group all but one guy got the call. He admitted to doing poor in the simulator, in the interview, and he was kind of a tool. I don't mean to be mean, just give you some reference.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back